Pregnancy update

Rekeca
on 11/19/13 1:17 am - NC

Hello,

I am six weeks as of yesterday. I go for my first ultrasound on 11/26/13. I am so excited and so is my husband. We have told the immediate family on his side but not on my side except my brother. I am waiting to tell my side because I want to tell my mother in person. I go pick her up on the same day I have my ultrasound so she can spend the thanksgiving holiday with us. So I plan on showing her my ultrasound picture to break the news to her. She will be over the moon.  I haven't really had any pregnancy symptoms except a little cramping and breast tenderness and I can't sleep at night.  One issue I do have that I am surprised about is that I already cannot fit into any of my jeans/pants. The buttons will not meet. I know its just bloating and not the baby but I was not expecting to have to buy clothes this soon. I am glad I just started working from home so I am going to purchase me some lounge wear or leggings with big shirts.  Anyhoo hope all is well with everyone. I just wanted to check in. I will update the results of my first ultrasound.

Dani Dutch
on 12/1/13 7:20 pm - Netherlands

aww congrats!

Lisey
on 12/5/13 11:14 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI

I'm 4.5 weeks and my jeans are getting tight, go figure.  I'm guessing, for me at least, it's because having been previously MO, my stomach muscles are separated in the middle which are allowing my uterus to easily "poke" out.  That's why they say that women in subsequent pregnancies tend to start showing earlier - it's often because their stomach muscles are a little separated from the prior pregnancy.  I think it's called diastis recti.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views