6 months post op & pregnant

Oliviawashere
on 7/20/15 8:34 am

I just got a positive pregnancy test last night. I am just a week shy of being 6 months post op & have no idea where to begin. Very unexpected & beyond terrified.

I reached out to an obgyn & my surgeon. I have yet to hear back from either one. I've just got so many questions & do not know the answers. Should I be jumping on a prenatal right away? Get off my current vitamins? Take more supplements of something else?

How should I be eating? right now i'm at 500-800 calories a day & a very low carber (20 grams at most). Should i be adding back in carbs? increasing calories?

I do not want to jeopardize my health or this pregnancy anymore than I'm sure I already have. :(

Thanks.

Jezeebel
on 7/21/15 6:04 pm
VSG on 12/10/14

I am 7 months post op and just took a pregnancy test which also came out positive. Our son is 3 now and I am freaking out lol. We wanted a second child I just didn't expect it to be this fast. New Job, New House , New Car and a New Baby!!! 😱

Oliviawashere
on 7/22/15 1:58 pm

Congrats, I wish you nothing but the best!! unfortunetly I had a very early miscarriage.

Joy B.
on 7/27/15 10:13 am - MD
RNY on 06/04/12

Sorry to hear.

Joy B.
on 7/27/15 10:13 am - MD
RNY on 06/04/12

Hey Ladies

I got preggo about 3 months post op (3 years out now)

Believe me it will be scary at first. The Doc I worked with said it was fine. 

I continued to lose weight while pregnant. I still worked out (aerobics) I still took the same vitamins. My doctor did put me on prenatal vitamins just for the extra push to make sure that the baby was getting them.

I also got regnant less than a year after that this time with twin boys. I stayed the same weight and still worked out and lived a healthy lifestyle. 

My doctor did not worry about my weight because I was eating, taking my vitamis and getting in my water and protein and my levels were good. 

I wish you both all the best

Zee Starrlite
on 7/27/15 12:34 pm

Wow, so you have 3 healthy babies!!!  Were you able to keep healthy and lose all your excess weight?

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views