7 weeks post partum and sense of satiety has not returned.

uveaprettyface
on 8/1/16 7:22 pm
VSG on 03/22/13

Hi all, I'm 7 weeks postpartum and 3 years out from VSG. I gained 35 lbs during my pregnancy on top of the 30 lbs I had left to lose(ie. gained during IVF). In the last 5 weeks, I haven't lost a single pound. I was hoping the sense of satiety/restriction would return but so far, I feel nothing. I'm not breastfeeding so there is no reason I should still be hungry all the time. Has anyone had this happen? What should I do? Should I consider revision? I can't believe I'm in this situation again!! 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/9/16 2:31 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

What are you eating right now? If you're eating carbs, you won't feel full. Sit down with a plate of nothing but protein-- roast chicken from the grocery store, a piece of steak, whatever-- and see how much you can eat before you feel full. I'm willing to bet it'll be there.

Post-partum eating habits can SUCK. I'm 9 months out and I'm STILL fighting the bad habits I slipped back into while I was pregnant, and I don't have much of an excuse. The good news is that I (and you) still have a tool to use.

Go "back to basics." Drop the carbs, nothing but protein. Lots of water, all of your vitamins. Track what you eat. A new surgery won't change your habits or your head.

And be patient with your body. Yeah, those of us with WLS probably "should" lose weight faster than moms with unmodified guts. But honestly? Pregnancy is rough and it all takes time.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1214 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views