Pregnant 2 weeks post vsg ?!

anscoste
on 4/16/17 10:39 am
VSG on 02/17/17 with

Hello everyone !

I am now officially two months post op from having vsg & have found out that I am nearly 7 weeks pregnant ( ahhhh ). I have battled severe nausea for a good 3 weeks now ( 2 of those 3 me just assuming that it was the surgery until the puking started and I found out I was pregnant )

I've only know I was pregnant for about a week now and have already been hospitalized for 3 days due to severe dehydration. I can barely get any food or drinks Down !!

I've done very little research and have seen that because of the surgery my nausea is heightened. My surgeon and ob have labeled me a high risk pregnancy and are already keeping me out of work for 2 weeks because even walking makes me nausous !!

I wish I was making all of this up lol it's been a rollercoaster ride of a week. A part of me is ecstatic since me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years and one of purposes of getting the surgery was to get pregnant. But on the other side I'm concerned for the health of both of us. I'm here just looking for some hope !!

purduebaby12
on 4/18/17 8:23 am

Congrats!!!! I completely understand! I have gotten so heavy that I no longer ovulate so this surgery is going to be a kick start...but now I just keep think maybe I don't want any with in the next year? I have already started saving for plastics and he is quite upset as he see this as me changing my mind and it sucks. I was so scared that I'd get pregnant as soon as I loose 25-30lbs I'm getting back on BC this week..lol !!! I am frustrated because I do want a baby but not right now I wanna loose all the weight I can loose first then start trying again I want to have a all baby bell ya know! I know that we will have one but just maybe not as soon as he want! I'm excited for you its a blessing just came sooner then you expected !

anscoste
on 4/19/17 4:33 pm
VSG on 02/17/17 with

Well technically it is recommended for you to wait one year before getting pregnant. I most certainly would not recommend for you to get pregnant anytime before then ! With the surgery it makes it a high risk pregnancy and a little more complicated. I honestly thought the samething after I got my surgery and my husband also got kind of upset thinking my end goals had changed since one of the main reasons for the surgery was to lose weight. But I'm kind of glad it happened now so that way after I have the baby and continue my weight loss I can get my plastics done ! Best of luck on your surgery ! Your about to embark on an exciting adventure.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/18/17 9:34 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I got pregnant 13 months after VSG, and I was queasy 24/7 for my entire first trimester. It SUCKED! Dehydration made it even worse, so I carried a water bottle with me everywhere I went and tried to sip as often as I could.

Make sure your surgeon knows that you are pregnant, and s/he can help advise an eating plan. It's important to get quality nutrition for the both of you, and you'll need to adjust your vitamins as well.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

anscoste
on 4/19/17 4:34 pm
VSG on 02/17/17 with

Yes my surgeon definately knows ! He was the one that suggested a high risk OB so they could work together. Unfortunately no food options have been talked about yet since I can't keep any foods or drinks down. :/. But we are trying as hard as we can !

Starnaenae
on 4/21/17 5:23 am

was your period irregular before surgery? how was it after? i have PCOS pretty severe and my periods were BEYOND irregular and since surgery i have had 3 regular periods... were you on birth control after surgery as suggested?

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views