Surgery or pregnancy??

We3wimps
on 9/13/17 4:06 pm

I have been wanting another child for a couple years now with no luck. I have started my journey for the gastric sleeve surgery. Currently trying to meet all my insurqnce requirements. I am 36 years old and my husband is 40. I am worried that I will have to wait to long to get pregnant after surgery with out clock ticking. I can not decide wether to have the surgery and then a baby or keep trying for a baby and then have surgery. I am so confused I really don't know what to do.

Starnaenae
on 9/14/17 8:48 am

on birth control, 3 months after RNY i got pregnant. currently 6 months pregnant!

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/19/17 3:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

A few things to consider:

Many people find that their fertility goes WAY up after reaching their goal weight. I got pregnant on my first cycle after having my IUD out post-op!

If you lose weight before getting pregnant, you will likely have a MUCH easier and healthier pregnancy.

Trying to recover from WLS with an infant or toddler can be VERY difficult. You'll be on lifting restriction for at least 6 weeks post-op. Many people are very tired for the first few MONTHS after surgery, which makes it really hard to care for a kid.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

seeriddle
on 9/21/17 8:09 am - MARKHAM, IL
DS on 10/03/17

Hi--So dilemma you have there. In my opinion the weight loss should probably come first. The surgery is a tool to help you lead a more healthy life and who needs to be healthier than a new mom. One thing that's interesting is the benefits of surgery will more than likely aid you in achieving what you want---a baby. WLS has been known to make women more fertile and assist in healthier pregnancies. Good luck with whichever you to choose to tackle first--love and blessings to you.

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/19 3:57 am

Hello!
How are you doing now?
Did you get pregnant?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test