I got the Realize Band on 5/27/08

brnsugar91
on 6/28/08 1:37 am, edited 6/28/08 1:57 am
I see that some people on the board were asked whicah band they wanted. No one asked me and I do not know the difference between the Lap Band and the Realize Band. I eat up to 1 cup of food per meal, but do have snacks such as no sugar added applesauce, light peach or pear slices, etc. but only 2 ounces. I think I am stuck and have not loss any more weight though. Can someone help or tell me what is going on? After a month I think I have lost about 18 lbs so far. Thanks in advance any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bren649
on 6/28/08 5:30 am - Southern , CA
REALIZE Band on 05/27/08 with
I too have a realize band (5/27).  I didn't ask prior to surgery, so when I went for my post-op on 6/12 -I asked and they told me it was the realize band. Sounds like you have great weight loss so far.  I haven't weighed myself since 6/12 and I lost 16 pounds.  I hope its more now. I've been told there is no real difference between the bands. If you check Dr. Curry's post he explains it very well or even on the realize band website.  On the snacks I think you can have 4 oz. - at least I do. I hope this helps a little.... Bren 649

Bren
                           Weight Loss is Post-Surgery

brnsugar91
on 6/29/08 2:21 pm
Thanks Bren, That helps. I just know that weight loss with the band is not as fast as with Gastric Bypass and we have to work at our weight loss because the band is just a tool. I just want to make sure everything is going good. When I go back to the doctor I am going to ask about the Realize band if I can remember...

Jean D.
on 6/29/08 11:34 pm
brnsugar91
on 7/13/08 4:17 am

Joseph,

Thanks for the information. I am due to see my surgeon on the 21st of this month and will ask him about the Realize and see what he says. I have not had any problems so far with my band. I got my first labs done yesterday and cannot wait until the results come in. Good Luck with your band and welcome to the losers bench.

Most Active