Just found this board!

René D.
on 6/29/08 2:43 am - Trussville, AL
Hi everyone, I was banded on Monday (June 23).  I am doing well other than a really stiff neck that just won't get better.  I am already down 11lbs!   I am now on full liquids and will be until July 7.  I am really starting to crave things.  I am drinking my water and my protein, but how do you all handle the cravings.  We are going to a BBQ today for my mom's birthday.  I made the birthday cake this morning and there is going to be a ton of food.  I know that I will survive, but I am definitely dreading the smells.  :)

IndigoIndulger
on 7/2/08 3:19 am - Keystone Peninsula, OK
I'm wondering how the barbecue went considering all the smells...barbecue is one of the seasonings I believe I will miss. Beryl
René D.
on 7/2/08 3:36 am - Trussville, AL
Hi Beryl, I actually did really good at the birthday party.  It rained so the grilling was done with umbrella's outside and all the food was in the dining room.  I helped set everything up and when they were ready to eat I went into my mom's den and played with the babies (2 of my neices have little tiny babies).  I did not want to go in and stand around and make people feel guilty for eating or worse feel sorry for me and I surely did not want to torture myself.  I did go back in to light the birthday candles and sing happy birthday, then I just eased back out of the room.  I would be lying if I said I did not want one of those cheeseburgers or  a huge piece of the German Chocolate cake, but I survived and acutally felt pretty proud of myself for being strong.

IndigoIndulger
on 7/2/08 3:39 am - Keystone Peninsula, OK
Wow, that really is STRONG!  And I'd enjoy playing with the babies as much as I would eating, so that would be a good trade off for me.  Thanks for the suggestion. You go GIRL!!! Beryl
Most Active