Realization date: 7/18/08

whiterabt
on 7/14/08 5:52 am

Hello all -

I've opted for the realize band and will be undergoing surgery this coming Friday.

I'm seeking pals to talk to through the recovery process, especially those who are athletic.  The issue I have the most nervousness about is whether or not I'll be able to Surf, Snowboard and do Yoga without damaging the band.

xo,

-e

bamafan521
on 7/14/08 7:58 am

Congratulations on your upcoming "BANDING" i'm having surgery on Wednesday  I'n not very athletic but  I have enjoyed spinning and doing Youa so I look forward to adding that back in to my gym rountine. Good Luck with your surgery! 

Tom C.
on 7/14/08 10:19 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Whiterabt,

From what my Doctor told me when I asked him a similar question, he said I would be able to do anything I did BEFORE I had the band. And in my case, he was correct.

I had my operation done on January 29 (2008), and I was back in the gym within 2 weeks. It took about 4 to 6 weeks before I could do my normal "vigorous" activities - but I made sure I got my Doctor's approval before doing so.

Speak to your Doctor. He will guide you how to proceed.

Good luck on your Journey !! Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Tom

Most Active