Hi everyone New here.

bbqboy
on 7/16/08 11:33 am - st.joseph, TN
Hi everyone i am new here. I am looking to have the lap band done. But i have to do the 6 month dite first. This is going to be hard for me i am the owner of a BBQ Restaurnt I dont eat a lot of BBQ i do smoked chicken and grilled chicken and some grilled srimp to so i have some stuff thats not that bad. its just i am around food all day every day. anyway i just wanted to say hi to everyone on here i love reading your post.
Crystal_girlost
on 7/16/08 1:22 pm - WV
Welcome bbqboy!!
I am in my last month of the 6mthdrsupdiet. It goes by faster than you think. Use this time to do a lot of research and soul searching. I suggest you keep a list of questions that you come up with as you read because the answers usually show up eventually. And if they don't you can ask them. I will say that this board does not get a lot of traffic so you may want to try the Lap Band board too.

Good luck with your journey!!!

Crystal
JLC88
on 7/17/08 2:32 am
Hi and welcome!  I was banded on July 3rd.  So I am just a beginner. You sound like you eat better than I did before I was banded.  I won't lie, it will be hard to be around all that food and not be able to touch it.  But it will get easier with time.  Once your banded, you don't really have the option of munching anymore.  And you will have to deal with your head hunger.  And it will be hard at first.  But you will be able to do it.  Your relationship with food will eventually change and it will be easy for you to make good choices.  But I am afraid the temptation will always be there.  You will just be better equiped to handle it.  Good luck and let me know if you want to know anything else.  I am new to this but I will help all I can!!!

You can do it!~!!
melcha
on 7/17/08 9:38 am - Winter Haven, FL
I have a guy nearby who goes by BBQGUY who was banded in July of last year with LapBand.  Like you he owns his own catering business but he is doing great and like most of us has learned a few lessons along the way.   Best of Luck!  Check in often and ask lots of questions!
Tom C.
on 7/18/08 2:30 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey BBQGuy,

Welcome to the first steps of your new Journey !! The 6 month supervised diet will go by in no time.

As mentioned before, come back and ask as many questions you have. IMHO you can't have too many facts before having the operation - and then there are more questions concerning what happens after the operation. The folks here are extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
  I promise to help you in any way that I can, if you promise to give me some BBQ tips. Usually when I am done grilling, the food looks as if I worked for a crematorium.

Tom
brnsugar91
on 7/20/08 4:45 am
BBQguy,

Al will go well. You have realized that you need help in  your weight loss journey and that is important. I intend on looking up your place if I ever get to TN. I love BBQ and I still have some but not as much. I can eat two ribs before I could eat a slab but sides.....I love my band and it has made me a healthier person and I am only two months out from having the band.

Most Active