new pics...4 1/2 months out...vs...old me!! from 26 to a 16 now!

sunshineangel_1977
on 7/31/08 6:02 pm - sabina, OH

The realize band has went beyond my expectations...this is better than anything i could ever imagine...i can't believe i am smaller than i was in high school now....and it's only been 4 1/2 months!!!

love hate relationship Eating Disorder      

Hamida D.
on 8/1/08 2:04 am - jacksonville, FL

Congrtatulations!!!! You look wonderful.

Keisha770
on 8/1/08 10:09 am - Powder Springs, GA
you do look good! what do you usually eat?
sunshineangel_1977
on 8/2/08 12:53 pm - sabina, OH
What i eat....Well...I eat basically the same as i did before except not as much.
Here are a few sample menus...
1/2 a T-bone steak...small baked potatoe with i can't believe it's not butter...a tomatoe slice...and some FRESH pineapple or watermelon

GOLD Star Chili...ok so in know we aren't to be fast fooding however...GoldStar is my crutch...I get a Super 5 way with extra beans...I only use 1/4 of the cheese...i split it into fourths or fifths and end up eating on it for most of the week.

Tonight my in-laws had a birthday party at a local buffett...I usually freak at buffetts because they were once my downfall...this is what i ate...1 piece of catfish...a spoonfull (not tablespoon...the serving spoons)  of mashed potatoes...a spoonful of greenbeans and about 5 grapes and 3 squares of honeydew melon.

Things that I eat when at home....
roast beef
steak
chicken
tuna
pork
potatoes
salad (found some calorie and carb free dressing that tastes pretty good too)
refried beans
pasta
hamburgers
any kind of fruit
taco salad
cottage cheese
apple sauce (still)
100 calorie snack packs
lean cusine dinners and dinners like that
green bean
brussle sprouts
all squash
mushrooms
shrimp
rice
I know there is more i just can't think of it

When we eat out:
Taco Bell...
Fresco chicken bowl ...350 cal...
1 taco with pinto's and cheese....under 350 cal...

McDonalds...
grilled chicken wrap light on ranch dressing...

Wendy's
chili and potatoe...
grilled chicken wrap light dressing...

arby's
mini roast beef...
martha vinyard salad

I have found that i can't eat hashbrowns that have been deep fried...actually most deep fried foods don't go down well...i can feel them traveling from the time i swallow.

This is what i eat in a nutshell

bosswoman
on 8/8/08 1:55 am - OK
do you have any nausea or discomfort, i have seen others post that they are very sick for  along time. that is worrying me, i have to work later.  how long before you could do your housework like pick up laundry, vacuming etc.  i am getting ready for the lapband, i got all my referrals for the pre stuff before the surgery, i am so happy for you  your pictures look great. bye
sunshineangel_1977
on 8/10/08 1:53 am - sabina, OH
personally i have not had any discomfort or nausea...I have not been sick at all...I had my surgery on a thursday was released friday and saturday & sunday i was in  play singing and dancing nobody knew except a few people.  of course to be in the play i did take the liquid pain meds just in case.  after surgery you aren't supposed to lift anything over a gallon a milk.  Because i have the realize band instead of the lapbad i do toloerate more food types...such as i dont have a problem eating breads, pastas, steak, dryer foods etc...  I have only found one food that doesn't agree with me and that is deep fried hashbrowns like the ones at mcdonalds or burger king...But i'm not supposed to eat those anyway.  when i eat those i can feel them going down from the time i swallow and they sometimes get stuck but it only lasted for a few minutes.
what ever choice you take (realize or lap)  Im sure you will do good as long as you listen to your doctor.

whiterabt
on 8/11/08 5:16 am
I went home 3 hours after my surgery began.  I was up and moving around the day of surgery.

I did experience some nausea 3-4 days out from surgery.  I would ask your doc for a refill on any anti-nausea medication he gives you.

I worked from home the week following surgery, but was not very productive while on the pain meds.

I'd say not to expect to do too much the first week, but you'll be vacuuming up a storm the second week.

I'm now 23 days out from surgery, and did a 1500 stair climb yesterday!  It was all gravy.  Recovery is happening very quickly for me.

xo,
-e
Rhonda C.
on 8/3/08 10:47 am - Kansas City, KS
WOW sunshine we need to talk LOL!!!!  That is good!!!!
mom4pavlocks
on 8/22/08 7:44 am - Oklahoma City, OK
You look absolutely fantastic!  I am going in 8/28 for my band.  Hope to be as successful as you!  Best of luck on your continuing journey!
Servaline Savannah
on 8/22/08 11:46 pm - MI
YOU LOOK GREAT!  CONGRATULATIONS...WAY TO GO.....
Most Active