I AM HUNGRY! HELP!

verypeaceful
on 8/1/08 2:51 pm
I AM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.  I AM 2 WEEKS POST OP AND DON'T GET MY 1ST FILL FOR ANOTHER 5 WEEKS.  HELP! IS THIS NORMAL?
DENISE
speighd
on 8/2/08 8:32 am - NC
From what I have read it isn't unusual.
After all, you haven't had a fill.
Just try to keep the amount down and eat smart.

Tom C.
on 8/4/08 3:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
This is very normal. However I do have a few questions: Are you eating the proper amount of food? Are you eating your Protein first? Are you having a protein shake in between meals? Are you drinking enough liquids? If you don't follow you Doctor's guidelines, you will indeed be hungry quicker. Remember, this isn't a CURE-ALL, but a lifestyle change.
chocolategurl08
on 8/5/08 2:01 pm - CA
REALIZE Band on 07/28/08 with
eat u should be on soft foods by now my surg was 7/28/08 im on soft i had salmon mash potatoes carrot ican eat beans u have 2 search new things 2 eat if u r still on liquids im not sure next wk ill be on reg im enjoying my new way of like if u need and help in things 2 eat feel free 2 let me no

hart21664
on 8/8/08 11:07 pm - secretary, MD

I got mine on the 30 and I am eating solid foods. If I was you I would call the doctor . hang in there it gets better. I know every Dr is different but see what the DR says before you do anything. BEST OF LUCK, AND CONGRATS on our new life

Melissa_in_NC
on 8/23/08 6:23 am - SIMPSON, NC
i feel your pain, im just 8 days out and im hungry all the time. my stomach painfully growls. the other night i woke up and got some water. i forgot i had surgery and guzzled it down. i just new it would hurt but i never felt a thing. i never get that full feeling . never never never do i feel full.
i cant stand the hunger. its not in my head. i drink drink drink but nothin helps.

im still on liquds until friday.

wish i had advice for you .. but as you can see im in the same boat.
Yall Take Care!!
-Melissa

2 wks Pre-Op (started Atkins)/Surgery Day/Current/Goal
268/260/177/160

Char24782
on 8/28/08 4:44 pm
Are you still on liquids??  I went through this also and I had to find out for myself that I needed to drink a couple ounces every 15 minutes for me to be ok.  I thought i was starving to death.  I also found that It only helped my when I drank milk or lactaid every 15 minutes...It gets better.  I was not prepared for the hunger myself but I am fine now and LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!

verypeaceful
on 9/4/08 3:29 am
How long have you had your band? 

I got my 1st fill a week ago and my doctor put in 4cc's.  It has helped but I still feel like I can eat too much.  I am scared about the whole slipping and erosion thing.  What do you think?

Denise
Most Active