Banded 8/1/08!

beloved573
on 8/2/08 2:57 pm - Pleasant Gap
I was banded with the Realize band Friday morning at 7:32am at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.  Everything went great with the surgery, I was discharged at 2:30pm the same day.  When I woke up from surgery I had ALOT of gas pain in my chest, which made it really hard to take deep breaths.  By Saturday the gas pains were gone!  I was really expecting those to stick around for awhile but now I think I'm getting dehydrated...auggh!  I'm been following my diet to a T but I've had diarrhea, my skin is pinkish and warm to the touch and I just had a nose bleed!  I'm up now (its 12:53am) sipping on some iced water.  I never thought this was going to be a walk in the park.  I'm going to go to my local hospital first thing in the morning, hoping they will give me an iv.
Thanks for listening! Amy
 240/221/150

rockylinx
on 8/5/08 1:09 pm
update please
Dont leave us hanging
chocolategurl08
on 8/5/08 1:50 pm - CA
REALIZE Band on 07/28/08 with
how r u doing today try 2 drink a lot of water but also try gator aid the G2 its low sugar it keeps u hydrated hop u r doing better and welcome to the loser bench

chocolategurl08
on 8/5/08 1:54 pm - CA
how r u doing today try 2 drink a lot of water but also try gator aid the G2 its low sugar it keeps u hydrated hop u r doing better and welcome to the loser bench

chocolategurl08
on 8/5/08 1:55 pm - CA

beloved573
on 8/7/08 3:55 am - Pleasant Gap
Oh, my sorry!  At the hospital I was given IV fluids and sent home.  They told me to take Imodium but I waiting until I could call the dietician at Hershey.  They were very very helpful!  She told me to get a probiotic and it worked!  By Tuesday no diarrhea!  All aches and pains are gone and I'm off my pain meds!  I've lost 19 lbs so far.  I know some will prolly come back when I start to eat real food again.

Sorry for the bad message board etiquette!

Amy
 240/221/150

Most Active