2 fills but still hungry as h****

STBEAR
on 8/12/08 3:16 am - SC
Hi everyone,
I had surgery on April 4th and have 4 ccs in my band. I am guessing this is not very much because I am soooo hungry. As long as I just drink my shakes and eat one meal I can manage OK but not losing. If I eat 3 meals a day I gain. I uped my walking so hope this helps. I fully realize (LOL) that this is only a tool, not a magic potion. Maybe after another fill (or 2) I will finally get some restriction, I hope so. I am not trying to be negative because I have lost about half of what I want to lose, its just that plateaus SUCK!
Michael Eak
on 8/13/08 5:31 pm, edited 8/13/08 5:45 pm - Largo, FL
What are your Surgeon's protocol/diet Post-op. Every Surgeon is different though somewhat alike.

I'd cut out ALL of the Shakes (good for convience in a pinch) they add up to too many calories. And eat more dense Protein foods that you have to chew ALOT, before swallowing for fear of getting backed up/stuck. Measure your portions. Remember if your losing more than a pound or two a week, then your doing much better than expected.

it may also be that your not eating enough. To satisfy your body thus it's holding instead of dumping to lose. Do you keep a Food Journal, then you'd be able to look back at what your eating and how much as to when your losing and when your not losing.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
rivieramaya05
on 8/15/08 6:22 am - TX
VSG on 12/16/13
Just an FYI, my surgeon said 3 fills is the average to get restriction. I seriously hope thats my case. I just got a 4cc fill yesterday and can't feel a difference. I still am not on solid foods yet since surgery but I really think that will make a big difference.

rswint
on 8/20/08 11:19 pm - Rose Bud, AR
I got my second fill this week and have 6 ccs now, although I fill up quickly, I get hungry sooner.  I am hoping that after the next fill, I'll see what it's really all about.  It seems that your physician may be conservative in the amount of saline he/she is using.  I'd much rather go conservative than to be rushed and sick.  I've seen lots of my friends suffer through vomiting and not being able to swallow their own spit.  I've been fat my whole life, I can be patient through the next few months while you progress at a speed your doctor feels is safe for you.

A few things I've learned about myself that will hopefullly help you.
1.  I eat too fast, I've learned to make a dish with the correct size portions, cut everything into small bites before I start and to either put my fork down or to walk away and come back in a few minutes.  This give my stomach time to realize...lol, "hey, I'm filling up".
2.  Never eat in the car, on the phone or while doing something other than EATING.  If I do that, I lose focus of what is important...eating slowly. 
3.  I don't drink the shakes or anything "liquidy" because they don't fill me up and they add a lot of calories that I really don't need.  The vitamins will provide all the daily nutrition I need as long as I get enough protein.

If you have any tips, please share too. 
Good Luck!
Regina
Most Active