food stuck

rswint
on 8/22/08 6:39 am - Rose Bud, AR

Either I ate too quickly or the bites were too large because I have pain in the area where my band is.  I was having chicken for dinner last night and in measured proportions.  I know I didn't eat to much.  The doctors office told me to mix up a ****tail of 4 oz luke warm water, 1/2 tsp. meat tenderizer and 1 tsp lemon juice to sip on.  

Does anyone have any other tips or ideas to ease it through....I think this is one of those things that you know that you'll never repeat because the pain is excrutiating!!!  
Thanks,
Regina

Crystal_girlost
on 8/22/08 8:50 am - WV
I am pre-band But I have heard getting in the shower and running ho****er over your belly can help.
Sorry to hear you got stuck.Crystal

First fill 11/4/08 3cc's  Second fill 12/19/08 2cc's
Third appt 1/27/09 rescheduled
Third fill 3/24/09 1 cc= Total 6cc's

rswint
on 8/24/08 1:10 am - Rose Bud, AR
Thanks and good luck to you.  I can say (from miserable experience) that this one hang up was enuff for me and that I'll strive to eat smaller bites and chew, chew, chew.  It has been a wonderful experience so far...and I feel great.  I'd do it all over again. 
When is your surgery date?
Regina
Titanium Blonde
on 8/22/08 9:52 am
Try some papaya enzyme tablets.  They have worked for me.  Yeah, you really have to learn to chew well, small bites and eat slowly.  You'll learn.

rswint
on 8/22/08 12:21 pm - Rose Bud, AR
where would i get something like this?  perhaps a natural food store...i'm in Arkansas and we're really not "up to date"
Servaline Savannah
on 8/22/08 11:15 pm - MI
Hi Regina,

I have gotten stuck before, but mine never lasted very long it either went on down or came back up within a matter of minutes.  Warm tea usually helps me to relax the stoma.  I have never tried anything else.  How many cc's do you have in your band?

BTW, I used to live in Violet Hill, AR.  Worked for the state in Sharp Co.  AR is beautiful and the people that live there are too.  We visit once in awhile now, and may retire there or TN.

Terri

sunshineangel_1977
on 8/23/08 2:45 pm - sabina, OH
i find that if something gets stuck the best thing for me is to walk...its painful for a bit but the more i walk the quicker it passes.  in my band book i got from the hospital it suggest this also and it works for me...

love hate relationship Eating Disorder      

rswint
on 8/24/08 1:08 am - Rose Bud, AR
Thanks everyone...I am much better and I tried what each and everyone of you posted.  What I actually ended up doing was taking a muscle relaxer that was left over from a shoulder strain.   I woke up and it was gone. 
It feels great to have my OH family at times like this! 
Thanks again.
Regina
Most Active