After five adjustments...

Rachel M.
on 8/29/08 2:14 pm

the band seems to be working.  I now have 7.5cc in my realize band and can finally tell a difference.  I actuallly feel full after eating only half a cup.  Sometimes less.  It's amazing.  And to think I was almost ready to give up on the thing.  

It only took 4 and a half months    

Maybe now I'll start losing weight.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Rachel

Titanium Blonde
on 8/31/08 5:22 am
Good for you, now you are on your way.  Check out the lap band forum.  A lot of activity over there.

JustinsMama
on 8/31/08 7:22 am - NC
Congrats to you!  I'm feeling where you used to be ( ) after having only 2 fills after having surgery May 12th.

I'm going to be switching doctor's offices soon where I don't have to wait up to 3 months between fills to get to restriction.  Hopefully in a month or so I'll be where you're at as well :) .

Keep up the good work!

282/226/199   

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

phfauche
on 9/2/08 11:36 am - Columbus, OH
Hi Rachel, I was banded 4/14 and have had 4 fills with 6.3 cc in my realize band.  I go in for another fill this coming Thursday.  Although my last fill was different, I felt full after eating but was still eating way too much.  I think this next fill will do the trick.  (got my fingers crossed)  I have been going up and down for the last 2 months.  Good Luck,

Hugs,   Peggy 

lorrie1606
on 9/6/08 6:52 am - DE
Hi Everyone,
I was banded 5/27/08, after reading a lot of posts, I've come to the conclusion that my surgeon is very aggressive w/his fills, which I am now very grateful for. He put 3cc at time of surgery, 3 more cc at 7 weeks following surgery, and another 2cc my last visit 8/15. So I have 8cc in a 9cc band. I was worried about this, being only 3months out and only 1cc left to receive in the band, I was afraid my band wasn't going to hold enough for me to loose all my weight. But I am at restriction and am able to eat most things in small amounts as long as I chew chew chew and eat slowly. He said the last 1.2cc are the icing on the cake so to speak.  And they are given out sparingly. I can't wait to see what I get on my next fill.
I LOVE MY BAND
JustinsMama
on 9/8/08 11:44 am - NC
I'll be very interested to see your progress, as my current surgeon's office's fill schedule seems to be agonizingly slow (switching surgeon's office as of tomorrow hopefully).  Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

282/226/199   

Rachel M.
on 9/8/08 12:31 pm
I've finally started losing.  Thank god!  It only took five adjustments.  I just bought new scales and I don't know if they are accurate.  If so I've lost 5 pds in 2 weeks.  Which is awesome considering I had gained back 10 of the pounds I lost on the liquid pre and post op diets.  My next drs visit is Friday.  I stress every time I think about the visit.  During my last adjustment the doc fussed at me for eating more than 1/2 cup per meal.   I told him it's hard with no restriction.  And if I could do that then I wouldn't have had the surgery.  Our personalities clash.  I'll just have to deal with it.  Good luck with your new doc.
Take care,
Rachel   
JustinsMama
on 9/8/08 12:49 pm - NC
Five pounds in two weeks is awesome!  If your doctor wants you to only eat 1/2 cup per meal you should tell him "then get me to the restriction level where 1/2 cup makes me full!"

I'm hoping this doctor is a little more aggressive, I obviously don't want problems with my band but I also don't want to take two years to get to my sweet spot either.

Thanks and take care!

282/226/199   

Most Active