Realize and Port Discomfort

halfcup
on 9/5/08 9:12 pm
I am scheduled for 10/3 !  Yea!  Curious  on how many have continued port discomfort?  I have been told that the metal prongs can be bothersome?
Rachel M.
on 9/6/08 12:53 am
Congratulations on the date!!
I don't notice my port so much anymore.  In the beginning I felt it quite often if I twisted a certain way or if I bent over too far.  That kind of stuff.  No big deal for me though.  I'm 4 & 1/2 months out and I guess it has settled in. 
I recently had my fifth adjusted that got me to 7.5cc and finally some restriction.  I'm so excited to finally start losing weight.

Good luck,
Rachel
reillye
on 9/6/08 5:26 am
When I put my left shoe on I have to be careful how I bend otherwise the port jabs me in the rib.  Other than that, no problems.  I had my surgery in December.
jla734
on 9/6/08 12:05 pm - DE
   Wow I am impressed you lost 75 pounds since December? BTW,to the poster with the org question.....I had AWFUL pain and brusing for about 7 days after the surgery but it is starting to go away.
sunshineangel_1977
on 9/6/08 2:35 pm - sabina, OH
it is painful if you lay a cetain way or move a certain way...mine took about a week for the actual pain to go away (it only hurt bad if i laida certain way or moved a certain way)  then it was just annoying for about 3 weeks.  No worries though...like i said its only if you move a certain way or lay a cerain way...you'll figure out what that certain way is after surgery.  
congrats on your upcoming surgery!

love hate relationship Eating Disorder      

lchops
on 9/10/08 10:35 am - williamsburg, VA
once in awhile I have a pain if I bend down, but the pain goes away after a few days after surgery, good luck
Most Active