Exercise

Kim H.
on 3/27/11 11:24 pm - Duluth, MN
I am so excited. I am going back to the local Fitness Center where I have a membership for the first time since before my WLS. I am a little nervous. I am a Type A personality when it comes to exercise, and I know I will have to ease back into it...I just don't want to go from there feeling like I should have been able to do more. Is this a normal reaction? I know, one day at a time, right? Make it a great day, everyone!!

~Kim~

crystal M.
on 3/28/11 12:24 am - Joliet, IL

Yes this is totally normal.  Even though I exercise everyday I sometimes get impatient with my progress and think I should be doing better by now and push myself a little too far.  The last time I did this I made myself physically sick...I jogged longer than I should have.  I'm lucky I didn't injure myself.  That is what you need to be careful of...you don't want to push yourself to the point where you are injured. 

I always say listen to your body you can feel if your pushing too far.  I also suggest getting a heart rate monitor.  It's a good way of knowing how hard you are working.  You just figure out your target heart rate zone (you can google it and get instructions on how to do this) as long as you stay within your zone you should be fine. 

Have fun with your workout. 

Amy B.
on 3/28/11 8:22 am
 I'm getting ready to make an appointment with a trainer at the Y to get me started on the machines. So far, I've only been walking around the track, but I'm feeling more confident now. I agree that your reaction is normal, but I have a feeling you'll be able to do more than you think. Good luck!
One day at a time.  
Tom C.
on 3/28/11 8:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Glad to read all you folks are getting healthier and healthier. KEEP IT GOING !!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 3/28/11 9:25 am - Duluth, MN
I walked the track today, not too far but it was far (enough) for me. I also was in a low impact aerobic class, which I really missed. I did only what my body let me do. I got a little light headed toweard the end so I did not finish the class, but now I know how far I can go, for now. Thanks all for the encouragement!

~Kim~

Most Active