My latest fill

Kim H.
on 5/12/11 1:51 am - Duluth, MN
I had a fill Tuesday, and I am up to 5.9 (I WAS at 5.3). Now I can not eat everything in site, which is awesome. I only lost 2 pounds in that whole month. But, I know, a loss is a loss, so I am grateful for that. I have figured out my weakness...cottage cheese, so that will no longer be on the grocery list in my home. I have a sign on my frig, at the suggestion of the PA, which reads "Do I NEED this, or do I just WANT this?" It is working so far. I never really thought I had a food addiction, but I have come to realize(no pun intended) that I actually do, and probably always have. With the fill, I can now feel where I have had enough food, which, also, is awesome. I could never tell before...
Well, enough babbling. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

~Kim~

crystal M.
on 5/12/11 2:46 am - Joliet, IL
Cottage Cheese...what a weird weakness...hahaha.  I like cottage cheese but not as much as you I guess.  I eat cottage cheese every day at lunch.  I have a measuring cup at work to make sure I only get one serving.   

I have on my fridge a picture of myself at my heaviest (354lbs) and the most recent picture of myself.  I have trouble looking in the mirror and seeing that I lost weight.  I still look fat to myself.  So the pictures helps me see how far I have come.  It helps me from over eating or eat the wrong things. 
Tom C.
on 5/12/11 4:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Kim,

Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your lost!! You're going fantastic.

Now a pet peeve .. DROP THE WORD ONLY !! I get very upset to read, or hear, “I’ve lost only X pounds". Why use the word ONLY !?!?!?! Be proud of those pounds you lost!!! This is a major accomplishment!!

How many times were you NOT able to lose that amount of weight???? Or when you did, you gained it back?? If you lost weight, and haven’t gained it back, then you winning (Sorry Charlie Sheen)!!!!!!!!

And thanks for sharing YOUR addiction. Goes to show even healthy things can cause us to go overboard. Be PROUD you figured out your addiction, and you're STRONG ENOUGH to know how to successfully battle it.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 5/12/11 11:49 am - Duluth, MN
Thanks, guys. Sorry, Tom, you are right, ONLY is not a good word to use.

~Kim~

Kim H.
on 5/12/11 12:26 pm - Duluth, MN
Maybe I need to explain something...I said I had a cottage cheese addiction because...I can not JUST eat it at meals, I was eating it all day long..when I grazed, that is what I grazed on. I now know that I can not eat it..at least not now...I had "convinced" myself that when I grazed on the cottage cheese that because it was protein , it was ok.

~Kim~

Most Active