first fill

ttny007
on 7/12/11 6:19 pm - NC
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/10/11

Friday I go for my first fill and I am a little nervous as to what to expect.  The first one is done with a florascope. 

T

Tom C.
on 7/12/11 6:33 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Expect the worst, this way when it doesn't happen you'll ask yourself "what was I worried about????".

Not much too it, depending on the Doctor. You'll get one shot to numb the area. After a few minutes the Doctor will insert the needle and do the "fill".

You'll drink barium (which is terrible tasting) and watch how the fluid is passing by the band.

Make sure you post your experience. It will invaluable to others.

GOOD LUCK!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
purple39lady
on 7/13/11 10:57 am
Good luck T.  I was nervous when I received my first fill as well.  You will do fine.  Doesn't take long at all.  It is a little nervewracking thinking about it.  Again, good luck and like Tom suggested, keep us informed. 
ttny007
on 7/15/11 5:55 am - NC
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/10/11
I think I was more nervous than anything else.  I went and the whole thing took maybe 20 min.  The needle was big but he did not show me that till the end.  I think the worst part was drinking that chalk.  Its done and he gave me a set of pictures to keep for my records.  I lost sleep for nothing lol.
Thanks everyone for your support

T
Katie Keane in New
York

on 7/19/11 1:56 am - NY
ttny007

Had mine 2 weeks ago, it is nothing.  A drink,  an x-ray viewing , a quick pin ***** some chat as much as you need, and your done.
I had to drive an hour, I was expecting more, Ha.
Really, don't upset yourself.

Katie in NY

Katie Keane

Kim H.
on 7/21/11 5:58 pm - Duluth, MN
I never have x-rays/fluoroscopy with mine....just a personal preference of my surgeon...UNLESS he is looking to solve some kind of problem.

~Kim~

Most Active