Where has everybody gone???

Katie Keane in New
York

on 8/21/11 12:05 am - NY
When I joined this support group in April, 2011, we had so many people giving each other info and support.  Now every time I check in, I see Vivian and Kim H. and a few new people. THAT'S IT!!!  I guess we are all a success and don't need support from each other.
Katie in New York

Katie Keane

Vivian Prouty
on 8/21/11 9:50 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Katie,

I have a feeling that the inactivity has made others go from this message board over to maybe the lap band board.   They are pretty active there.    I know....sometimes there is a few others posting here but not many.   Usually it is Tom, Kim H, and myself.    Trust me....there IS still LOTS of support on OH.  Hopefully some of the other people will come back to this board.   Sometimes I feel as though I dominate this board and I didn't even have realize band.     Have a blessed day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

kimkeever
on 8/22/11 12:52 am - AZ
I apologize for not being on here much lately, but I have been super swamped at work and then when I get home I havent felt like getting on the computer much...

I for one know I need support and help but I will try to get up on here more often....

~~kim

Tom C.
on 8/22/11 8:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I check every day (or at least every other day). I've seen this trend a lot. In the Summer the boards "slow" down because folks are off doing "summer stuff".

I agree we may not be as active at the other boards, but that's what I LOVE about this board. Your question(s) aren't overlooked or "lost" in the bombardment of posts.

Know we're here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Vivian Prouty
on 8/22/11 8:33 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Katie....Tom is right.   I tend to forget about everyone being so very busy during the summer months with their children being home.   My youngest is almost 21 and seems to do his own thing most of the time so I tend to forget about people who have little one's.   I tend to agree with Tom about the smaller boards.   I love them that way.   You really get to know the people you are visiting and asking questions to and learn to think of them as extended family members.    Trust me....my husband will tell you if any of my WL friends need advice or help I am here for them pretty much 24/7.    Hang in there.    I will answer questions for you if I can even though I have never been banded.   Have a wonderful week.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

purple39lady
on 8/22/11 9:53 am
Katie,
  Sorry I have been swamped at work just like Kim.  I am also in the process of moving my office from one town to another, getting kids back in school, and transporting them to extracurricular activites.  I haven't been on much either.  I plan to get back on and participate more in the discussions.  Lord knows I need all the support I can get.  Hopefully things will slow down in a few weeks once I have moved. 

Most Active