Anybody switch fomr Lapband to Realize?

finchy
on 9/7/11 7:12 am - IL
Hello,

I posted on the lapband forum as well.   I think I'll make it really short here.  

I have a lapband, it has slipped in a non-emergency situation, and the doctor needs to do corrective surgery. :(

Have any of you changed from the lapband to the realize band?  If so, could you point out the pros and cons to me?  Thank you so much. :)
Highest Ever *Surgery* Current * Goal
            289 *281.6 *249* 170

Hislady
on 9/7/11 12:44 pm - Vancouver, WA
From what I've read on here over the last 4 years, once you have a slip replacing with another band rarely works, you just end up with the same problem. There isn't that much difference between the two bands so they are pretty much the same. I would revise to the sleeve or even RNY before I'd put another band on when one has slipped already.
finchy
on 9/7/11 12:53 pm - IL
Wow. This is just so surprising to me.  Thanks for the info.  I will need to consider this very carefully.
crystal M.
on 9/9/11 3:25 am, edited 9/9/11 3:25 am - Joliet, IL
I agree with Hislady.  I would have a heart to heart with my surgeon and ask him for the statistics of how many people slip their second bands.  So many people slip again that I would feel it would be a waste of my time to have another band put in.  I would look into another surgery.

It's true the bands are so simliar it would be like switching from Nike to Reebok. 
Kim H.
on 9/9/11 7:14 pm - Duluth, MN
Great analogy!

~Kim~

Most Active