Need Realize band advice

1sunnygyrl
on 12/3/12 4:02 am - IL

I had the realize band put in Sept 4, 2012. I have had 2 fills since then. I feel restriction in the office when I get the fills, but about 3 days later, the restriction ‘feel’ is gone. And I am back to normal. Being hungry, wanting to eat. I have 5.5 cc’s so far in my band. How long does it actually take for me to be able to feel the restriction for longer than 3 days, and eat less. My eating habits have changed for the better (healthier). The longer this takes, the less discouraged I get. I just want to see a little bit of results. I am not asking for a miracle weight loss, but I would love to see some. Since my preop diet, I have lost 22 pounds.  I don’t feel like I am losing weight. I certainly don’t feel full, and so when I sway from my healthier eating and eat a sweet treat… I feel even worse.

Due to a personal injury I haven’t been able to start walking yet. Walking aggravates my lower back. I need to get some of this weight off before I can actually exercise. That discourages me even more. I don’t know what to do. I know what I want to do… that’s eat! Any advice would be great, good or bad. Help please.

Kim H.
on 12/7/12 12:59 pm - Duluth, MN
my advice would be to make sure you are drinking enough fluid(64 or more) per day. ...don't get discouraged..it is a slow process, but it will happen.

~Kim~

Most Active