Recent Posts

Heather S.
on 4/13/11 2:03 am
Topic: RE: NJ REMINDER: Tuesday ? APRIL 5: Next Inconvenient get together dinner!!
Hi Tom,

I'd love to join you guys the next time. I'm close to 22

Heather
Thank You,

Heather

Kim H.
on 4/12/11 11:33 pm - Duluth, MN
Topic: RE: Approved-Yahoo!
Good luck to you, Heather! Hope all goes well. I think you will be very happy with the REALIZE band. I know I am having a little "bump in the road" right now, but, hopefully come Thursday, things will start to look up again. Keep us posted!

~Kim~

Heather S.
on 4/12/11 11:09 pm
Hi Amy,

Thanks for your response, your suggestions are wonderful especially the one about the pillow.  I remember having it during my RNY surgey and riding home the bumps in the road were the worst ever!!!  Great idea about getting the stool softners have to add that to my list.

Thanks so much hope all is well with you.

Heather
Thank You,

Heather

Heather S.
on 4/12/11 11:08 pm
Hi Kim,

How are you doing, BOB is Band Over Bypass, I will be a Bobette soon.  I had my original RNY surgery in 2003 and slowly began to regain weight, having the Band done on 4/26.

Hope all is well with you.

Heather
Thank You,

Heather

Heather S.
on 4/12/11 11:06 pm
Topic: Vitamins What To Take-Another Question
All,

I forgot to ask this in my earlier post, is it necessary to take Bariatric Vitamins?  Are they really specially formulated for bariatric patients?  Why not just take regular adult vitamins that are chewable?  I'm super confused.
Thank You,

Heather

Heather S.
on 4/12/11 11:01 pm
Topic: Vitamins & Protein What to Take????
All,

Will be a bobette on 4/26 and trying to prepare by getting some much needed protein and vitamins in house before surgery.

But having some confusion, of course each manufacturer of various proteins and vitamins claim that theirs are the best, and lets keep it real, the protein shakes don't taste quite as delish as a McDonalds one.

Any suggestions? 
Thank You,

Heather

Vivian Prouty
on 4/12/11 10:51 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: Getting to Know you
 Good Morning and congrats to you on all  your success.   I too have one of my biggest photos on my fridge.   Can't ever forget where I come from.   I post the Motivational Post and daily Grateful Post here daily.   I am not a lap band patient but I know that ALL the WLS work if you work them the way that they were designed.   I am a Obesity Help Support Group Leader and I am 51/2 yrs. post op RNY.    I am the mother of 3 sons.....ages 29, 25, and 20.    I am a stay at home home ( guess I should say homemaker...since my son's are all grown.....20 yr. old is still at home though  LOL ).
I always try to be upbeat and encouraging to others and yes.....I do read every reply I get to my posts.    I originally lost 140 lbs. ( have gained back a little bit....but not totally unhappy with where I am now...but wish I was back at my smallest. )   Hope that everyone goes to one of the 3 OH Events this year....they are AWESOME if you have never attended.     I have a discount promo code for the New Orleans, La. one.   That is the one that I am attending.    Hope you all have a blessed day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Vivian Prouty
on 4/12/11 10:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY
  You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 4/12/11 4:37 pm - Duluth, MN
Topic: RE: Getting to Know you
That is very cool!! Congrats on your progress. I know what you mean about old pictures being important to look at. I keep looking at my wedding pictures from only 9 yrs ago(I was not even at my heaviest yet at that time) and now to try on the dress and see it is 3 sizes TOO BIG is just unfathomable to me. I am gaining physical strength and emotional strength, and my self esteem is going higher every day! Thanks fellow Bandsters for always being here for me!! Love you all! I also have to keep in mind my 27 yr old son has never seen me at the weight I am now. I was 5 pounds heavier in 199 when he was confirmed. My husband keeps calling me his "incredible shrinking wife"..I LOVE IT!!!

~Kim~

Kim H.
on 4/12/11 4:30 pm - Duluth, MN
Topic: RE: Taking fluid out
I am so glad that Thursday I am going in for a fill. I am hungry and I am drinking plenty of fluids, and I have no "symptoms" or indications that I have eaten enough(my 1/2 portion).I really hope this will help cuz I feel like I am already GAINING and I just started!

~Kim~

Most Active