sweetners for people alergic to aspartame, splenda equal and n sweet n low

sherry R.
on 4/8/12 6:50 am
 Hello all,

I am alergic to splenda sweet n low, equal and sucralose  and things of that nature. of course i am not alergic to good old whtie sugar, and i do not have any dumping from sweets. What  types of sweetners are there that i can use for things like coffee ( tried honey not good at all) any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
lilacs
on 4/14/12 7:05 am - Marysville, WA
 I LOVE, LOVE to use Whey Low in my baking.  (I use Splenda whenever possible in other cooking...but for BAKING Whey Low is so fabulous.)

It is made from lactose (milk sugar), fructose (fruit sugar) and sucrose (table sugar) but it is designed to hit our blood streams slower and not cause problems.  Also has fewer carbs than full-on-sugar.  

There is also stevia (Truvia is a good brand).  Some can taste a minty after-taste to it, but others swear by this!

http://www.wheylow.com/Default.asp

Linda
Total lost: 200 - RNY Feb 2004 - Dr David Lauter, Bellevue WA

my recipes...(a lot of them I created for use on BariatricEating.com and now you can find them on my own blog)  :  click>>>  Eating Well...Living Thin  

healthylaurie
on 4/18/12 1:04 pm - Seattle, WA
VSG on 04/13/12
I use stevia for sweetening things like tea and coffee or anything that needs a little sweetness. Stevia is made from the stevia plant.
Laurie     Height:  5'10" HW 281, Consult 276, SW 269.9, CW 238.7      
Mo1: - 22.2 Mo2:                                      
VeryHealthy
on 5/1/12 7:08 am
On April 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM Pacific Time, healthylaurie wrote:
I use stevia for sweetening things like tea and coffee or anything that needs a little sweetness. Stevia is made from the stevia plant.
 I will second this.. Stevia is a great alternative to artificial sugars (I firmly believe we shouldn't eat ANYTHING artificial). It is actually a plant but can be found in a few different forms, be careful if you are substituing it in other recipes since it tends to be much sweeter than normal sugar!
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/12 12:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
 Stevia
Agave
Xylitol
Fructose
Maple Syrup
Brown Rice syrup
Barley malt

Go to a health food store and ask the staff person there....there are quite a few natural sweetners...some are better than others re: being low glycemic and low calorie.
Btrue2u
on 5/28/12 10:57 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
I like XYLO SWEET is XYLITOL its a sugar alcohol
lowbrass03
on 10/10/12 12:46 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12
i hope you find some answers and find some sweetner products you  an use. Just be careful, not all products out there marketed as natural are actually natural, like agave nectar. most agave nectars have higher fructose levels than artificial sweetners. agave nectar is a highly processed sweetner and is actually bad for you. 
fructose in most processed foods is actually concentrated fructose. fructose as we know it is actually not from fruits, it is actually man made. the fructose that naturally occurs in in fruits/plants is called levulose. they may all fall under fructose, but they are not the same thing. do not fall for the whole sugar is sugar propaganda. because believe me the body can tell the difference. do your research and i wish u the best. 

Most Active