Frozen Cherry Protein Whip

Souperwoman
on 11/30/12 5:45 pm, edited 11/30/12 5:46 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

This one makes a great high-protein treat for those in the puree/mushy phase but is good enough for everyone in the house to enjoy!

Ingredients

1 Container Fage 0% Greek Yogurt,

4Tbsp Cool whip lite, 

1 cup Lite cherry pie filling, 

splenda to taste, 

1 Scoop Designer Whey Vanilla Almond Protein powder

Mix all ingredients using a hand blender to break down the cherries. Pour into individual cups. Freeze.

Serving Size: Makes 5 half cup servings

65 calories

7.1g protein

TXKashmir
on 1/4/13 4:53 am - Grand Prairie, TX

So...I just made this, and ended up with quite a bit more than five servings. Was I supposed to use the small (individual) container of yogurt? It tasted OK, but I'm still waiting for it to freeze...

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Souperwoman
on 1/4/13 5:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

oooh, yes. small container (I only discovered the large containers a few days ago--didn't even know they made em!).  I'm thinking it will def. be tangier and more yogurty than the one i made :D

TXKashmir
on 1/4/13 5:34 am - Grand Prairie, TX

LOL - I will be sure and let you know how it turns out!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

TXKashmir
on 1/5/13 6:34 am - Grand Prairie, TX

OK - update: The flavor was excellent - even my picky niece liked it. The texture was too hard - kind of like a popsicle. Next time I will use the correct amount of yogurt, but definitely will make this again!

Debbie

Souperwoman
on 1/5/13 10:39 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

yay!  yep, im sure the yogurt to cool whip ratio has something to do with it.  Mine *is* hard when it comes right out of the freezer but only has to sit for a few minutes to soften up.

emt_amy
on 1/30/13 9:48 am - MN
would those frozen cherries work you think?

Most Active