Chicken soup for your cold

CC C.
on 11/29/17 2:15 pm

I've always made chicken soup with pasta, orzo, or rice. I have a cold and was craving chicken soup, but without the extra carbs. I made it without a starch and it was delicious!

1 tbsp olive oil

1 large onion, chopped

3 large carrots, or 5 medium ones, sliced thinnly

2 large celery ribs, or 3 small ones, sliced thinnly

3 cloves garlic

2 tsp dried thyme

1 tsp dried crushed rosemary

1 cup white wine

Meat from 1 cooked whole rotisserie chicken, shredded, no skin or fatty bits (about 6-7 cups). Easiest to pick clean when still warm from the store.

2 32oz boxes of chicken stock

salt and pepper to taste

Juice of 1 lemon

Saute onion, carrots, and celery olive oil. When onions are translucent add garlic, thyme, and rosemary and saute a minute. Add white wine and cook for 5 minutes. Add shredded chicken and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and add juice of one lemon. Let soup pot sit off heat for 10-15 minutes before serving (tip I learned to keep you from burning your mouth).

I don't even miss the pasta or rice!

Mary Gee
on 2/17/18 1:15 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Sounds delicious! I generally replace rice with riced cauliflower - works out great.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

redmarx08
on 2/21/18 10:31 pm

I won't have any problem preparing one of this.

danmarc
on 10/29/18 1:45 am

This dish is easy to prepare and very healthy as well. I would love to indulge in it during a cold afternoon.

kabirkolle
on 9/19/19 5:56 am

It was really difficult for me to understand all the ingredients. But when i know all the ingredients, I think it's easy to make!

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Most Active