Easy "chicken parm" (soft food stage)

jmk187
on 3/25/19 8:55 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Not sure if this was posted as I just made it up myself yesterday. I am 5 weeks and 6 days Post-Op and 1 week on the soft foods stage.

I basically took canned chicken, my favorite jar pasta sauce with a fairly low sugar, and shredded mozzarella cheese and microwaved it. It was actually really good, protein packed, and not many calories for a meal.

Ingredients:

1 Can chicken breast - 3oz-(there is 90cal per 3oz)

Shredded Mozzarella (1/8Cup) - 40cal

jar of your favorite pasta sauce(my jar had 80 calories per 1/2C serv.)

Directions:

Open the can of chicken and drain. weigh out 3oz in your microwave safe bowl.

To the bowl of chicken add enough pasta sauce to cover the chicken.

Then top with the shredded mozzarella. I then like to add just a couple spoons of sauce to the top of the mozzarella so it doesn't burn.

Place a paper towel over the bowel and microwave for about 120 seconds. or less depending on how big your microwave is. Careful the bowl will be hot if using a non plastic bowl.

Enjoy! Bon Appetit

Notes:I used a 6oz can of chicken, But I only used 3oz of chicken. I refrigerated the rest for another meal/day. Also for the Mozzarella cheese it will be more exact if you use the grams setting on your food scale and measure 14g.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

tip1010
on 10/7/19 8:02 pm
VSG on 10/02/19

i like your idea, problem is i have never seen canned chicken.....Where can you get that?

thanks

jmk187
on 10/8/19 6:08 am
VSG on 02/13/19

it's usually in the tuna isle where I live. Or Other canned meats like Canned Ham.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

Mhorbacio
on 7/1/21 4:27 pm

but if we make the chicken at home works too right?

Most Active