Looking for a knock your socks off treat

JulieSM
on 8/10/04 11:43 am - Hesperia, CA
I am going to a work meeting Thursday. I have had my WLS Thursday 3 weeks to the day. I want to take a awsome treat or snack to contribute to the potlock, but want it low carb and wls friendly, although I can't have it, I would love to take something, to show my co-workers, there is life after WLS, although most of them supposely don't know I had surgery, but you know the gossip in the office, so we wil see So throw me a few of your awsome desert or treat specials
sammyglo
on 8/10/04 5:45 pm - Hobart, IN
Hi julie, i have not been able to try these yet because my surgery was july 19th, but i have a friend who says these are great. i hope it helps. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake cups Crust: 36 reduced fat chocolate wafers (I used chocolate graham crackers) 1/4 cup Splenda 5 tbsp light butter, melted Peanut butter center: 1/2 cup Splenda 2 tbsp peanut butter 3 tbsp cream cheese Chocolate filling 4 oz unsweetened chocolate 8 oz cream cheese 1 3/4 cups Splenda (I used alot more, since I think unsweetened chocolate is nasty without a ton of sweetner) 1/2 cup skim milk 1/2 egg substitute 1 tsp vanilla Preheat oven to 350 Make crust: Crush cookies into fine crumbs. Blend all crust ingredience together in a small bowl. stir until well blended. set aside. Peanut butter filling: place all ingerdience in bowl, mix well, set aside. chocolate filling: melt chocolate in small saucepan over low heat. set aside. Place cream cheese and splenda in a small bowl. beat until soft. slowly add skin milk. mix using a wire wis****il smooth. add melted chocolate, stir well. Add egg substitue and vanilla, mix well , set aside. Assemble cups: Put foil baking cups in cupcake pan. Evenly divide crust between the cups. firmly press crusts into the bottom of the cups. Place approx 1/2 tsp of the peanut butter mixture in the center of each crust-lined cup. Spoon the chocolate filling into each baking cup. Firmly tap pan on countertop to remove any air bubbles. Bake 10-15 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch. chill for approx 2 hrs. before serving. Nutrition info: serving size: 1 cup calories: 105, calories from fat: 55, total fat 7 g, total carb 10, dietary fiber 1 mg., sugars, 3 gr., protein 4 g. Peanut Butter Brownies Brownie Layer 5 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa 2 eggs 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup water 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup Splenda 1 teaspoon liquid saccharine 3/4 cup vanilla-flavored whey protein powder 2 tablespoons oat flour 1 tablespoon baking powder Peanut Butter Topping 1/4 peanut butter 3 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons Splenda 1 egg 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored whey powder Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter & stir in cocoa. Add the eggs, cream, water, vanilla, Splenda, & saccharine - mix well. Add protein powder, oat flour & bakingpowder & mix until well moistened. Spray 8x8 pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan. Mix peanut butter, butter, Splenda, egg & protein powder together, & spoon the mixture on top of the brownie batter. Bake for 15 minutes - DO NOT OVERBAKE. YIELD: 16 brownies - each has 5 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 12 grams protein. Cheese Danish Ingredients: 4 oz cream cheese 4 whole eggs 1/3 cup heavy cream 1/3 cup Parmesean cheese 1/4 cup Splenda 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like) 1 egg yolk 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese 1/4 teaspoon vanilla 4 oz cream cheese 1/4 cup Splenda Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat together the first six ingredients until smooth. Spray 8" x 11" pan with PAM. Spread grated cheddar cheese evenly over the bottom of pan and gently pour batter over it. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes; then lower heat to 300°F Mix the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Gently spread topping over the crust. Bake an additional 25 minutes at 300°F. Allow to cool to room temperature. Makes 8 servings -- 2 carbs per serving.
Lexie M.
on 9/1/04 10:04 am - Wasilla, AK
I have the perfect recipe for you! Its very RICH, they will even feel guilty eating it and its totally legal! 1 pkg murrays Sugar free chocolate cookies (the ones that looke like oreos) CRUMBED 2 Tbsp melted butter mix the butter and chocolate crumbed cookies together and press it into a pie plate and bake on 325 for 15 minutes. Let the crust cool COMPLETELY before moving on. Mix a pkg of Sugar free chocolate fudge pudding and spread it in the crust. Top the pudding with a layer of Cool whip. Shave a piece of Sugar free chocolate on top so it looks all fancy. Refridgerate until ready to be devoured! Note: you might want to put the chocolate shavings on it right before you leave for work because I did them the night before once and it made little brown marks on my cool whip. Wasn't very pretty, but still tasted good!
Most Active