Need HIGH protein crockpot ideas

Sherri_B
on 9/4/04 2:22 am - washington, MO
Anyone have any good ideas for a high protein meal that i can just put in crockpot and let cook .. anyone have ham and bean recipie ?? help any ideas
mnchelle
on 9/11/04 2:19 am - warner, sd
I put in a ham bone that has some ham still on the bone, a bag of northern beans, some garlic, chopped carrots, some molasses, and a can of tomato sauce and a can of whole peeled tomato's chopped. I put all that in the crock pot, add water to cover and cook all day. It smells so yummy and when I get home, it's delicious! I make stuffed peppers, (put bread crumbs, ground chuck, italian seasoning, chopped garlic, onions, and fill peppers) put them in the crock pot, cover with a jar of spaghetti sauce, and cook all day. I take chicken breast, pound so they are thin, put a slice of ham and slice of swiss cheese, roll them up, stick with toothpick. Put them in the crock pot, add sliced potatos and broccoli, cover with chicken broth, simmer all day. Your entire meal is done when you get home! A roast is always good and high in protein, and again, cook your entire meal. I put pork chops in a crock pot, sliced potatoes, 3 cans of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup, american cheese, and 2 cans of water. mix together in crock pot and simmer all day. I have ton's of things I do! I work alot and have 3 kids, so, crock pot is my best friend! Email me if you want some more ideas!~
Loretta D.
on 9/14/04 12:36 am - Corona, CA
Sounds so good! I would like more recipes for crock pot cooking! Thanks. Morningstar
icequeen
on 11/11/04 4:06 pm - Azusa, CA
Michelle I would love additional recipes......I need crockpot recipes as I am a working mom!! Thanks for your help, email me at [email protected] Thanks
Kathy Newton
on 12/5/04 12:04 am - LaVergne, TN
Hi, here's one. I don't have a crock pot but a slow cooker. I put in a turkey breast, or chicken. Cover with cream of chicken or mushroom soup, and let cook, the white meat is juicy, gravy is made, and all I have to do is finish the meal. At holidays when cooking the turkey, I put it in a roasting bag, cover it with cream of mushroom or chicken, put in the oven around 2am Thanksgiving day, around noon it is beautiful, because I put the breast down, it is just about off the bone and sooooooo juicy. This year, I bought a canned Hostess Ham. Put it in my slow cooker, I put unsweetened pineapples and marsh. cherries all over it and continued pouring pineapple juice over it. It was fork tender and the pineapple added a special look on the plates. If it's going in the slow cooker, it's going to come out extra good. I must try the beans. That really sounds good. Kathy
Laura G.
on 11/29/04 11:17 pm - Tustin, CA
RNY on 01/24/05 with
These all sound great... I too would love to have some more crock-pot ideas as I am a working mom with 3 kids (4 if you count the husband-hehe) I love my crockpot.... Please someone give more ideas...cause when I finally get my approval I'm gonna need it! Wishing Everyone A Wonderful Hooliday Season! Laura
goodgal
on 12/4/04 11:23 pm - Bainbridge, PA
One of favorite things is to add salsa to chicken or pork chops in the crock pot. It's not a whole meal, but really yummy. Sandi
Oldsoul
on 1/4/05 2:43 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Bean and bacon Soup (my own recipe) 1/2 cup ham diced(I can get chunked ham in a pack at my grocery) 1/2 cup carrots diced bacon crumbled ( I use 4-5 strips) 1lb bag of michigan navy beans one large onion diced salt and pepper AFTER cooked Never salt beans before cooked it will make them hard sometimes.
Most Active