any one make egg salad with anything other than mayo?

dogs2cats
on 8/27/05 12:02 pm - Brunswick, OH
I haven't WLS, but I'm trying to lose a few pounds before consult in sept., and I have found that eggsalad is very satisfying,just worried about the fat and stuff in mayo. Julie in Brunswick,oh
danluvsme
on 8/28/05 3:56 am - Exeter, RI
I use light mayo (I like the Cain's brand) and I have used, for a twang, light Miracle Whip. Both of these work great. I add a little mustard too. Joanne
dogs2cats
on 8/28/05 6:21 pm - Brunswick, OH
sunneegirl
on 8/29/05 4:35 am - Whitinsville, MA
I mix into egg salad the same sort of things I put into devilled eggs... mayo, a touch of mustard for the "zip", salt, pepper, dill, some finely minced onions, maybe a very little horseradish. Plain egg salad does NOTHING for me.
audibelle29
on 9/1/05 11:32 am - Ardmore, OK
hi Julie, i dump on mayo and miraclewhip (both have too much sugar...even the light or fat free...which have more sugar i think than regular). My mother made some mayo for me out of olive oil and sweetened it with a little splenda. She just used a regular mayo recipe and replaced the added sugar. some other options would be plain nonfat yogurt with some sweetener and seasoning maybe a touch of vinegar. I have used the walden farms sugar free calorie free dressings as a mayo replacement. also, some health food stores carry mayo alternatives....but i haven't checked the sugar content in any of them yet. good luck, audra 384/154/150
dogs2cats
on 9/1/05 1:18 pm - Brunswick, OH
Greatly appreciate it. Julie K
janine b
on 9/26/05 4:39 am - Pooler, GA
i hate hate diet mayo,, i cant do it i usually use two hard boiled egg whites but only half of one yolk,, then i put celery, about a teaspoon of mayo and then honey mustard, it is not as strong as regular mustard, also try this egg salad add one can of tuna in water, chopped boiled egg, mayo, chopped celery, chopped red onion, chopped cucumber, dried cranberries, toasted slivered almonds and a little shredded cheddar cheese.. after WLS i have had to make it the nite before so that the cranberries get soft but it gives it such a sweet taste,, and with one can of tuna over a little lettuce i get about three meals,, sometimes more or less depending on how much salad i eat
Branschneider
on 10/19/05 12:22 am - OH
Julie~ I use fat free Miracle Whip, a little mustard, a little relish and a touch of paprika.... Brandi
Most Active