Low-Carb Crab Cakes

Marty F
on 9/27/05 9:59 am - Midcities, TX
I just posted this in the lapband board as a response to someone and thought I would put it over here, too! If you like crab cakes, I have a wonderful low-carb recipe...no bread! My DH likes them better than the ones with bread crumbs because you get more crab flavor. LOW-CARB CRAB CAKES 1/2 pound blue crabmeat 1 tablespoon small diced red bell pepper 1 tablespoon small diced green bell pepper 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves 1 tablespoon mayonnaise 2 eggs 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 1/2 teaspoons Maryland-style crab seasoning (recommended: Old Bay) 2 tablespoons olive oil Pick through crab meat for any shells and shred. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except oil until blended. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. With a tablespoon, carefully spoon cakes into the pan. (The batter will be very loose since there are no bread crumbs, but once the egg in the mix starts to cook they will hold together fine.) Cook on 1 side until firm, about 2 minutes, and then flip and cook for about 1 more minute. I cook them longer than this, becuase DH likes them well done. Makes 8 medium sized crab cakes. Enjoy! Marty
Vicki C.
on 9/28/05 12:39 pm - Small Town, OH
Marty, can't wait to try them!! I love crab cakes and these sound really good. Have to tell you I grew up in Bedford and my parents still live there. I was just there in August. I graduated in 1970 from LD Bell (God, I am OLD!!!) Small world! Hugs, Vicki -124 incl pre op loss
Marty F
on 10/2/05 7:45 am - Midcities, TX
Vivki, Good to hear from a "neighbor" (even though you don't live here now, you'll always be a Texan!)! Let me know how you like the crab cakes...it's one of my favorite foods and helps get the protein in!!! Keep up the good work, you look terrific!! Marty
newtintn
on 5/7/11 12:14 pm - TN
 Could you freeze these?

Most Active