Recent Posts

Deedums
on 9/21/10 11:58 am, edited 9/21/10 11:59 am - Brentwood, NY
Topic: RE: need pumpkin/fall recipes!
    1 Can pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
    4 eggs
    3/4 cup unsweetend apple sauce
    1 cup Kellogs Allbran cereal
    2 cups flour ( I used 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat)
    2 cups splenda
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp cloves
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp allspice
    Optional Walnuts 
    Optional Unflavored protein powder (2 scoops)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees:
In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, add pumpkin, apple sauce and cereal and mix. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and splenda and stir to blend. Pour batter into a greased 10" bunt or tube pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 min. Cool completely before removing from pan. Recipe also makes 48 mini muffins.

Number of Servings: 24

I made these as mini muffins and took them to the LIPO support group that I attend and they were a HUGE hit. 

RedSox15
on 9/21/10 11:20 am - MA
Topic: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup splenda
1 snack size pre-measured cup of No Sugar Added Natural Applesauce
1 egg (use Egg Beaters for no fat!)
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp fat free milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract/or sf vanilla syrup
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used about 1/2 cup and used these sugar free chips: http://www6.netrition.com/sensato_sf_choco_chips.html
*You could also use a sugar free chocolate bar and cut bar into chunks
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder (optional) *I forgot this, so I don't know if this would change the taste of the recipe!

1. Combine pumpkin, splenda, applesauce and egg in bowl. In seperate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and then stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.

3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake in pre-heated at 350* for 9-10 minutes.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

RedSox15
on 9/21/10 11:17 am, edited 9/21/10 11:18 am - MA
Topic: RE: need pumpkin/fall recipes!
I've made two batches of these already !!!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup splenda
1 snack size pre-measured cup of No Sugar Added Natural Applesauce
1 egg (use Egg Beaters for no fat!)
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp fat free milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract/or sf vanilla syrup
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used about 1/2 cup and used these sugar free chips: http://www6.netrition.com/sensato_sf_choco_chips.html
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder (optional) *I forgot this, so I don't know if this would change the taste of the recipe!

1. Combine pumpkin, splenda, applesauce and egg in bowl. In seperate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and then stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.

3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake in pre-heated at 350* for 9-10 minutes.

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

patrickh
on 9/21/10 8:31 am - Dayton, OH
Topic: RE: sautéed tomatoes with poached egg
I just made another batch this week.

I just did a recipe search and you are right.   I might try some paprika like one receipe suggested.  I'm not a huge fan of green peppers so I'll leave those out.

Highest 406 / Surgery 391 / Lowest 196 / Current 219

kig
on 9/21/10 3:03 am
Topic: RE: sautéed tomatoes with poached egg
this is well known Israeli dish, calls shashuka. It is really very good. You can add some garlic, onions and other vegi of yyour choice
liz52408
on 9/20/10 4:54 am
Topic: need pumpkin/fall recipes!
does anyone have any bariatric friendly pumpkin/fall recipes?   mmm I am craving it after seeing all the pumpkin and fall baked goods in the grocery store!  thanks!

nancybugg
on 9/20/10 3:46 am - Riverview, FL
Topic: RE: Did anyone find that spices hurt them?
My nutritionist says no leaf spices or black pepper.  Only things like salt, garlic powder, onion powder.  She worries that things like oregano or basil could get stuck in the staples and cause an ulcer.  She suggests making a pouch with the herbs and spices and soaking it in the soup/sauce and then taking it out before eating.  Not everyone gets this advice though.
LAURAFERRIER
on 9/20/10 1:40 am - Ocala, FL
Topic: Did anyone find that spices hurt them?
Did anyone find that spices were ok to use during the full liquid diet part after surgery?  I do not want to make soup for liquid broth and add spices and then hurt from them when I drink it.
LAURAFERRIER
on 9/20/10 1:35 am - Ocala, FL
Topic: RE: Anyone got any good FULL LIQUID DIET recipes?
Thanks for the information.  I have an appt with the nutritionist next week.  maybe she can help a little too.  God Bless!
Most Active