SOOOOOO frustrated (part 2) !!!!!!!!!!!!

jemma28
on 3/23/11 8:02 am - Houston, TX
Part 1 is below on page two of the message boards here in the revision forum.

The surgeon met with me and DH today and I was greeted with "there is nothing I can do" .  Today he doesn't even want to "revise/repair" anything.  He says that anyone 5 yrs out from rny will have an enlarged stoma and a small pouch.  I am no different from any other post of rny patient.  My issues are metabolic.  I need to eat less and exercise more.  Let's put this into perspective:  I eat 1500 calories or less a day right now AND I do cardio on my treadmill 1 hour a day at an incline.

what more does he want me to do?  become anorexic?  Stop eating all together and just exercise?

He said my stoma was 3.5 cent or 35 mm.  and it was quite large.  In the written reoprt that I asked for it does not show the measurments but does say :
"Findings include there is a normal appearance of the GI tract and the anastomosis appearred to be circumferentially rather large and patulous, but there is no stricture or deformity, ulcers: the pouch is normal size and appearance" 

He told me my pouch was 1/2 the size of a lemon.

I feel abandoned.  lost and scared.  angry and frustrated. defeated.
Jill

Caraat231
on 3/23/11 9:21 am

I say get another Doctor. I just had revision on 3/7/11 and give it a try with the insurance companies.

Cara
meagan_s
on 3/24/11 12:23 am - Fort Hood, TX
Most Active
Recent Topics