Lap Band question......

CindyLyn
on 4/11/11 7:57 am - Evadale, TX
I'm not asking this question on the Band board because I don't want to get in an argument with anyone...

I had all the fluid removed from my CRAP BAND on March 11, 2011.  Before I had my band placed in 2008 I suffered from the most horrible Acid reflux you could imagine... When I got the the Band the reflux Disappeared.... Now that all the fluid is out of my band it has started up again.  I have that constant burning feeling in my chest... I am at a loss... can anyone explain this to me...
Going to see if my Dr will give me some Nexium..
I will be seeing the surgeon who will do my revision on Thursday I will ask him the same question.. I  have to take 2 nutrition classes and have a endoscope done and then we set a date!!  I cannot wait!!!  Please pray that I can get a June surgery date.  My husband will have 2 weeks off in mid June so that would really help us out..
I hope you are all having a great day!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 8:14 am - Bayonne, NJ
The tightness of the band probably prevented the splash-up of the acid, and now that there's less restriction, it can come all the way up.  You can get things like prilosec otc and take that for 14 days to see if it helps.

You need an upper gi and an endoscopy to see if you have any damage or erosion from the acid.
CindyLyn
on 4/11/11 8:27 am - Evadale, TX
Thank you so much for your reply.. I didn't think of the tightness causing it.. Makes a lot of sense.  I will get some Prilosec this evening and see if it helps because none of the other stuff is helping at all.
I will schedule my Endoscope when  I see the surgeon this thursday.
Holly O.
on 4/11/11 8:35 am - FL
Are you having the lapband removed and the RNY done in one surgery??  Just curious!!
   Holly                                      
CindyLyn
on 4/11/11 8:39 am - Evadale, TX
Im not having the RNY done.. I'm going from band to sleeve.  I will have a endoscope done soon to see if there is any erosion.  He will decided from there how to proceed with my surgery.  I'm praying for one surgery...
Holly O.
on 4/12/11 7:48 am - FL
I wish you the very best.............One surgery would be nice, huh?  That is what I'm hoping for too!!  Take care..........keep posting so we can stay in touch!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
TamaraL
on 4/13/11 10:51 am
I had the same issue.  I had heart burn with no fluid, little fluid.  It didn't matter.  My surgeon said once you have problems with the heart burn as bad as mine was then it didn't matter if there was fluid in the band.

I take prevacid because the nexium did not do anything for me.  Its over the counter and usually cost $21-24 with coupons.

Tamara

Most Active
Recent Topics