Revision from band to RNY done!

Stacey-71
on 5/27/11 9:51 am - OH
I had my surgery Monday, the 23rd. It was such a hard, emotional decision for me to have the revision!! But I am so happy it is over and I am happy I had it done! I am now just looking forward to the future and starting a "new normal" with RNY!  I am feeling better with each passing day and have really had a pretty easy time of it. If this stinkin' gas wasn't as issue, it'd be perfect! But hopefully tomorrow that will get a little better too. I go Tues, the 31st for the drain to be removed and that will also help get things back to normal! My Hopistal stay was just Excellent! I could not have asked for a better team of people to take care of me! I am 100% pleased with the whole cir****tance of RNY surgery so I can hopefully hope the future will be just as bright!
Thanks for everyone how posted and gave me some advice, especially in my "fear ridin' last hours" before surgery!!  I sure appreicate you all!
thanks
Holly O.
on 5/27/11 12:33 pm - FL
I am so happy for you.  Yippee!!  I am going from lapband to RNY th 15 of June.  I can't wait for it to be over!! Take care........post often so I can follow you!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
azambesi
on 5/28/11 9:33 am - Milton, FL
 You'll feel so much better once the drain is out!  I am a week ahead of you, and I just have to keep reminding myself that I am still healing and to take it easy.

Except for this stinking abdominal binder!  The thing rubs constantly and is driving me crazy!

Anyways, good luck and I look forward to the journey~

kycrig
on 5/30/11 1:13 am
I'm considering doing the same thing.  I'm 1 year 19 months post band surgery and I'm heavier now.  Any suggestions?  Did insurance cover the 2nd surgery or did you have to pay out of pocket?  I'm still trying to find a surgeon who does the revisions.  My surgeon does not.  I am miserable!
nkara
on 5/30/11 2:17 am
 I'm going through the process of seeing if my insurance will approve my revision.  I spoke to my surgeon and he said we gave the band a good shot... It's been a year and a half and I was down 36 lbs but recently gained back about 16 lbs.   I had trouble for months with too much restriction, stuck episodes.. not enough restriction.  I'm leaving it up to his opinion and he suggested a revision.  I cna't stay at this weight the rest of my life.... I have to have another psych consult and I have to meet with the nut 3 times... so I won't be able to submit to my insurance for an approval until all that is done.   So that's three months of appointments then crossing fingers.   

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Stacey-71
on 5/30/11 4:18 am - OH
Call your ins. and find out if they will cover revision surgery. And you might do it quickly, as my ins. is contemplating going to a "one WLS per person" rule and this will take affect for my policy next Jan. It is a blessing that I got approved so quickly for revision.! But my ins. (Med/Mutual / Super/Med), also did not require me to go through all the testing "hoop jumping" that I did with the first surgery. This could have been because I have always been with the same surgeon and she is the one who said it was time to revise and took care of everything on that end. Good Luck finding a surgeon! Sometimes your ins. company can be helpful in that area as well if they can tell you who they will cover doing a revision....
Band to DS
on 5/30/11 2:27 am, edited 2/4/12 3:24 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

knailnhair
on 5/31/11 12:42 am - Milford, NJ
So happy to hear you're doing well!!! I'm going from band to bypass on July 25, hopefully, waiting for ins approval. They approved the band removal so far.

I'm curious as to what you and others are drinking/eating during the stages until you can eat solids? I'm always looking for new ideas!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Most Active
Recent Topics