Lapband removal surgery next month

LAGORDITA
on 6/12/11 9:36 am
After 4 long years of left arm pain, no restriction, gagging, horrible air in stomach, sleepless nights due to heartburn this band is coming out!!!
LAGORDITA
on 6/12/11 9:38 am
oh and let's not forget the new issue, Esophageal dysmotility!
Nic M
on 6/12/11 10:54 am
Congratulations on band removal. It was the happiest day of my life the day I got that damned thing taken out.

I'm sorry you have had a similar experience. I hope you feel MUCH better after band removal!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Holly O.
on 6/13/11 9:00 am - FL
Good for you!!  I have struggled too for 4 1/2 ys. and mine is coming out Wednesdy, June 15th!!  Can't wait, can't wait.....crap band..........that is what  called it!!!!  Hang in there, your's will be gone soon too!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
soulsister
on 6/13/11 1:31 am - NY
I'm right there with ya!  My comes out July 11th. That will be one happy day!
Good for you!
LAGORDITA
on 6/13/11 2:07 am
Oh, I can't wait!

Thanks for the well wishes guys!
media604
on 6/13/11 4:55 am - GA
Congratulations! Guess what? After 7 long year with not 1 but 2 awful bands, I am going in for surgery this Friday for a revision to a sleeve! I can hardly wait to get this thing out of me and move on with what my surgeon says about the sleeve, " a natural lapband providing restriction not obstruction".

7 longs years of my life almost totally wasted. Only through years of pain and vomiting have I managed to keep off 50 of my 125 I need to lose.

Best of luck!
media604
on 6/13/11 5:00 am - GA
By the way, my left arm has hurt horribly also many days in addition to my left shoulder. Some days it was so bad I was reaching for prescription pain meds! Where on your left arm did it hurt? Mine was about 2 - 3 inches down from the outer tip of my shoulder bone. A lot of days I tried to attribute it to my tension in my neck because I've had years of neck and shoulder type tension headaches. I was sort of thinking I might be having some nerve damage in my neck that was running down my arm, but your comment sort of makes me think it is the band. I know the left shoulder pain was from my band because it would always happen just after I ate.
Nic M
on 6/13/11 7:31 am
I had that damned left shoulder pain the whole time I was banded- morning, noon and night. It never stopped. I was put on morphine, Fentanyl patches (both did nothing to help) and had corticosteroid injections into my shoulder joint, even though I insisted the pain wasn't orthopedic in nature. No one would believe me because there wasn't enough known about how the lapband affects the diaphragmatic nerves back then. I, too, had 2 bands; multiple corrective surgeries and chronic pain with the band.

NOW I see people barreling in to get lapbanding done and I want to shake them because we know SO much more about the complications. It's pure madness and I don't get it at all.

I hope your sleeve treats you MUCH better!!!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Stacey-71
on 6/13/11 10:36 pm - OH
Good Luck!! I too had a revision from band to RNY 4 wks ago and it is sooooo much better for me!! I can drink and eat my mushies without gettng "stuck"!!!  Kicking myself for not doing RNY back in 2008 when I had my band! Ugh!
take care.
Most Active
Recent Topics