B.O.B. recovery from 06/01

louisec
on 6/16/11 8:57 am - Orange County, CA
Two weeks into my BOB (bad over bypass), I am doing good. This liquids thing is starting to get old. I am using Medifast and Musel Milk for my protien meals, so it really is not that hard & tastes pretty good.
Strange...durring my recovery from RNY, I was the exception (not the rule) and lost weight VERY slow. It stopped @ 60lb and bounced back to 50 for the first few years.
This time I have lost 30lbs already (pre-op & post-op- from 06/01), and I am enjoing so much success this time. I guess I am again the exception and not the rule for the revision. I didn't have great expectations with this revision. I expected to fight for every pound. Yes I am on liquids, but am enjoing my choices. I feel like I can do this next 40lbs THIS TIME. Finanlly after 4 long years of fighting I am proof, that my pouch was too big and that I have it in me to be compliant. Just needed my "tool" to be fixed.
NEVER STOP FIGHTING!!
Lou
"that's what she said................"
Micheal G. Scott
Band to DS
on 6/16/11 11:40 am, edited 2/4/12 3:43 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

heathercross
on 6/17/11 12:05 am - New York, NY
Hey Louise, my "text" buddy!  Whats up? I'm glad you've been doing so well and I also want to THANK YOU FOR all the support you've given me.  My BOB is this Thursday the 23rd. I had all my pre-op testing yesterday, Im down a little over 9lbs on the liquids and just waiting for surgery day.  Let's continiue to work the tool and work each other.

Cheers!
Most Active
Recent Topics