Lap Band --> Esophageal Dysmotility (cross-post)

Band to DS
on 7/14/11 11:10 am, edited 2/3/12 9:57 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Holly O.
on 7/15/11 11:05 pm - FL
Shelli,

I hope everything goes well!!!  Best of luck friend.
   Holly                                      
KaseyL86
on 7/30/11 1:30 pm
Hi there! I'm new to the board, but had the same exact problems you are describing! My doctor even told me that although it is definitely medically necessary to remove the band and even revise to gastric, it would be a long shot to get my insurance to cover it (especially since I was banded 11 months ago...not long ago!). I stressed and stressed over it...I called my insurance yesterday and found out they'd approved it because they definitely deemed it medically necessary. So, don't worry! I got myself so worked up...and I felt the same way...hoping something would "actually" be wrong with me so that they could get the band out and get me on my way to healthy! 
Band to DS
on 8/1/11 9:50 am, edited 2/3/12 9:57 pm

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

KaseyL86
on 8/1/11 10:05 am
Hi there! My surgeon's office wanted to schedule me for a day in September. However, I'm a new teacher (just graduated in December with my Master's) and I was blessed enough to land a full-time job starting in September. Considering the scarcity of teaching jobs in my area, I am extremely lucky! Anyway, I didn't want to take time off from a brand-new job right away. So my surgery is scheduled for December 16th. I'll take 5 days off prior to our holiday break and that'll give me 3 weeks off to start with. It's been crazy and of course, I'd rather it sooner than later, but I also want to be prepared. So I'll take what I can get! :) 
Band to DS
on 8/1/11 10:09 am, edited 2/3/12 9:57 pm

KaseyL86
on 8/1/11 10:22 am
Exactly! I've been rather overwhelmed with trying to read through everything I need to have/do when I have surgery, so I'm a bit thankful for the extra time to do more research on protein powders, vitamins, etc! 
Most Active
Recent Topics