3rd Year Surgiversary - 0 Pounds Gone Forever!

Band to DS
on 7/25/11 10:36 am, edited 2/3/12 10:16 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 12:23 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Hang in there, Shelli. You are in a good position to be approved. Esophageal damage is serious, and it's the reason I got my revision. I hope that you are approved quickly.
Amy_Kleve
on 7/25/11 1:04 pm - Adrian, MN
I feel your pain. My 4th year anniversary was July 2nd. I have probably gained since my lap-band surgery.
Good luck with the approval!!

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 1:28 pm - ewing, NJ
 I am 6 years out and 5 lbs of shy of my pre lap band weight!!!! Dont feel bad. @MouseBailey did Dr. Greenbaum do an band removal for your revision? If so did he do it in all one day?
Duck_Girl
on 7/25/11 9:17 pm
On July 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM Pacific Time, shelli_5 wrote:
Today is my 3 year anniversary of getting the lap band. I could post the traditional "before" and "after" pictures, but they would look exactly the same. Maybe it would be more appropriate to post pictures from my Upper GI, showing my damaged esophagus in action. Instead of celebrating my success, I'm worrying about whether my insurance company will approve a revision.

Sorry, just needed to vent for a moment.

Shelli
Vent away.. You have great grounds for a revision and you shouldn't have any problem... if you do I would immediately appeal.

I had to be revised 2 weeks ago do due horrid heartburn and 2 slips. I was very compliant the band failed me.

missnanajean
on 7/26/11 9:02 pm - Friendswood, TX
Been there done that lapband is such a waste of money. I revised to RNY after 18mo.s very happy with results . Your only regret will be you didn't get something different the first time. It's amazing everyday to see how your body changes, feeling bones and muscles you haven't felt in years. Lots more energy if you are dilagent  on taking your supplements and following the rules. Hang in there the sun will come out soon brighter than ever!
  Miss  Jean   
topaz11
on 7/28/11 9:13 am
I right with you shelli. Today is my 2nd year anniversary.  I am back at my starting weight with dialation of the esophagus.   Hopefully, next year we can celebrate not having the band at all.

Band to DS
on 7/28/11 11:56 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:17 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

LAGORDITA
on 7/29/11 10:29 am
My 4th anniversary was on July something. I don't care to remember at all when i decided to make the biggest mistake of my life. I lost 30 and gained it all back plus 3.

I was approved to band removal because of the esophageal damage the band caused. don't worry they will approve you as well.

I'm no revising to anything else ever! WL surgery is scary.

Good luck Shelli!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics