Need help with resources for IMR- band to sleeve?

Lori F.
on 8/3/11 10:09 am - Chula Vista, CA
 Hello friends- I am looking for peer reviewed resources that support revision from band to sleeve. Has anyone done this research?

I am in particular trouble as my insurance needs proof of mechanical issues with the band, and although I vomit daily when filled, that is not enough to qualify me for a removal. There is a new surgery coordinator at my office and we appealed before asking for a peer review- and just found out you don't get both (GO FOR THE PEER REVIEW after your first denial folks!). I am moving on to the IMR- I really want a DS but my surgeon doesn't do them and since we have gotten so far, I want to see if CIGNA HMO (So. Cal.) will approve removal of the band- I think I can fight the DS fight later once they approve me to the sleeve. 

I am preparing my IMR packet and would like to utilize your expertise. If you can help, let me know. BTW- I've tried searching OH but it's been over an hour and I just can't find what I need.

Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Band to DS
on 8/3/11 11:43 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:24 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Lori F.
on 8/4/11 2:59 am - Chula Vista, CA
Thanks Shelli!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Most Active
Recent Topics