Going to a banquet.

plp1988
on 10/7/11 2:40 am
I should have post this earlier, but I did not think about it, now that the day is here I am a nervous reck about what I can eat. I am 4 weeks post-op lapband to RNY on stage 4 diet. Believe it or not but I can eat a salad if I cut it really small and eat slow, I do that at home but  I am funny about what kind of lettuce I eat and a lot of place use iceberg which my body does not like  even before the surgery (if you know what I mean). So I was thinking about making a small salad with my own dressing  (small jar for dressing) in a small bag and very quiet put in on a plate if there is nothing else is there for me to eat. I went to a birthday dinner party last Saturday and the only thing there that I felt comfortable eating was some stringbeans  The people I will be with know I just had this surgery, but they really do not understand, but that does not bother me, my concern is not to eat something that I have not had and will not  know how my body will react. I read somewhere that  when going to a restaurant you should take your own dressing that way you know what you are getting. So I just wanted some feed back on how I should handle this. I know its last minute but any help would be good.
pandavenise
on 10/11/11 5:16 am
 I worked in the resturant business for several years and if some one had a special diet the chef was happy to work with the person. You could call ahead and explain the situation. Also when they start serving just ask the server that you would like no dressing and that you can only eat a certian type of salad and maybe ask if you may bring your own salad and give it to them to plate for you and then you can add you own dressing.
Most Active
Recent Topics