Unsupportive Spouse

shannonross
on 10/10/11 2:02 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am in the process of attempting to get approved for a revision for my Gastric Bypass, I had my original surgery in 2003 and lost over 100 pounds. I had tt and breast aug in 2009.... had 2 kiddos, one in 2006 and the other bundle of joy in 2007. Fast forward to today, I have regained 40 pounds.. I have seen my surgeon who preformed an EGD, what he found is that my pouch is still small but the stoma has dialited to the same size of the pouch so food doesnt stay in my stomach for any amount of time and I always feel hungry. He recommends surgery to correct the dialated stoma. I have all my paperwork completed for insurance submittal and the last thing to do is psych consult later this week. Seems like everything is moving in the right directiion.  ONLY PROBLEM, my husband is NOT on board. He says that he can't support me because I have already done this one and it "obviously didnt work"... I am heart broken. I am taking appropriate measures to address eating issues.. (Behaviour wise... I am a total emotional eater). I have started exercising and gave up my beloved soda AGAIN!!! Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to how to broach the subject again with my spouse? He said to get a second opinion then maybe he will be ok with it. I am just totally bummed.

Thanks!!!
pandavenise
on 10/11/11 2:23 am
 What he needs to understand that this is for you and your children. Explain to him that you want to have a healthy life and live a long one to be there for your children. If you don't take care of yourself then you won't be able to live a full life and take take care of your children. They need a mom that is healthy  that will be able play and keep up with them and feel your best. I am concerned that you are drinking soda. I too am a emotional , board what ever type of eating person. I am  divorced and didn't have a partner but my children were not on board with the surgery. I explained to them that I was sorry but I had to do this for myself because I had spent 40 years of dieting and I was not living my life to the fullest. I had my revison from lapband to RNY Oct 3rd and I feel great. I started on my protien shakes this morning with no problems.  So far I feel this is the best decision I have ever made. Had post op vist yesterday and have lost 10 pounds . Good Luck to you and put yourself first for a change. Being a mother myself I know we have a tendency to put ourselfs last.
Most Active
Recent Topics