Traveling

plp1988
on 10/12/11 12:54 pm
Surgery Sept 8, 2011 lapband to RNY,by then  I will be 3 months post-op I will be taking a trip  Nov 10, 2011 to Great Lakes, IL,  my niece will be graduation from the Navy boot camp its about 13 hours from where I live......So Proud, any way my problem is that we will be traveling by car. How and what can I eat?  will be taking some stuff in a ice chest like pudding, yogurt, not sure what else. If anyone can give me some suggestion,...Thanks
Hislady
on 10/13/11 3:16 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'm not real familiar with the RNY diet but hopefully by then you will know what you can eat, what stage you are in will sort of determine a good part of that. You might post this on the RNY forum they can probably give you better advice. Congrats to your niece and have a safe trip!
airbender
on 10/14/11 10:10 am

while i didn't have RNY, i did have a pouch for many many years.  3 months PO, as long as you have no complications you should be doing rather well, and "normal"  I would eat what you can tolerate, but try to stay away from puddings even if they are sugar free.  i would eat higher protein like greek yogurts, if you can tolerate protein shakes-low carb, chix with mayo, eggs, cheese etc. congrats to your niece...have a nice trip

Most Active
Recent Topics