Embarrassed for Revision Consult

Kells .
on 10/21/11 1:21 am - MI
 So  I'm going to have my revision consultation next week and I'm nervous more so embarrassed about this appt than my first consultation   I originally had the Sleeve in March of 2010 with my surgery date weight being 319 and afterwards was on cloud 9 but stopped losing weight Oct 2010( only getting down to 255. At first ithought it was a stall had slips here and there   But for the most part was on it with my tool, saw my surgeon for my year follow up still had not lost any more weight and he said I should have been 100 pounds down, he said to eat boring and bland which  I did but that only got me down to 251 and it.....So in this last year ive developed hypertension which I didn't have before and my reflux has returned and I've been playing with 10 pounds going between 251-261. I feel like I failed my sleeve but I will see what the new surgeon says when I see him next week.   Thanks for listening
Sexyvt123
on 10/21/11 1:42 am
Im assuming you want to revised to the DS?

Kells .
on 10/21/11 2:24 am - MI
That's the plan......where I'm going does the DS and RNY revision. 
Sexyvt123
on 10/21/11 10:01 am
Great Plan.  Like Gail said to feel embarrassed.  You tried your best and now its time to move on and get the results your really want.  The DS will give  you exactly what your looking for.  I revised about a month ago from Lapband to DS and so far down 40+ pds.  It feels like the weight is just melting off.  Come over to the DS forum and say hello to some of the vets.  You will find all and any type of information you need.  Good Luck. 

teachmid
on 10/21/11 2:49 am - OKC, OK
First things first.....you did not fail your VSG. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

There are quite a few VSG to DS'ers over on the DS board. Come on over.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Hislady
on 10/21/11 1:54 pm - Vancouver, WA
I agree you are NOT a failure! It's just that different folks need different surgeries and it sounds like you need something malabsorptive not restrictive. Hold your head up high and and don't let him blame you! You should do great with a DS!
prettypixels
on 10/21/11 10:37 pm
You are not a failure. The sleeve did not help your metabolism kick on; the DS will. Come over to the DS board
momma.nurse
on 10/22/11 10:06 am - Somewhere in the Southern area, IL
I understand your embarrassment. Listen to my story... In 2005 I had the gastric band. I lost 1/2 of the weight I needed to get off and then stopped. Maintained that for 2 years then gained it back.  In Dec. 2008 I had the band out and had RNY.  I lost 100# but still was about 15 from goal. In the past year, I have gained 50#. I can eat anything. My surgeon left 3 months after my surgery and I've had no f/u's since that time. There is a new surgeon but I'm too embarrassed to schedule. What surgeon will revise a patient who has allready had 2 bariatric surgeries???  I am embarrassed, depressed and hate  what  I have let myself become.

Bluebird
on 12/15/11 2:01 am - long beach, CA
 I sure wish you could talk to Dr. Kesheshian.  I felt the same way until I talked to him.  He is wonderful!

Most Active
Recent Topics