2 months out and I stopped losing!!

jenrich
on 10/28/11 2:40 am - Bridgeport, TX
Is this normal? I hear of people hitting a stall phase but I just want to get thruough it!! I eat all the right things I think and walk everyday.. I just hope I havent failed yet again... Anyone else had this problem?

~Jennie~

sosoclark
on 10/28/11 3:04 am - Sacramento, CA
What type of revision did you have. Stalls are normal so just sit back and the weight will come off in time.

Sophia

jenrich
on 10/28/11 3:11 am - Bridgeport, TX
I have band to bypass!! On Sept 12th and have lost 47 pounds but now its stopped;-(
ladylion2001
on 10/28/11 6:53 am - Baltimore, MD

It's only been a month and half though so when did it stop?  How long has it been since you lost.  May just be a temporary thing right? 

ladylion2001
on 10/28/11 6:54 am - Baltimore, MD
Sorry...had another question...What was your recovery time after revision?
jenrich
on 10/28/11 7:06 am - Bridgeport, TX
Its only been a week since I stopped losing and I sure hope it isnt perminate lol but my recovery wasnt bad at all I was out of work for 2 weeks but I felt better after just a week still sore but was just fine..
TamaraL
on 10/28/11 9:15 am
Jennie

I am band to bypass.  I lost really good the first 2-3 months then it slowed down to 5-8 pounds/month.

Remember your body has to catch up from losing so much.  Give your body time to adjust!!!

Be patient.  Follow your nutrition guidelines.  I walked 2.5 miles right after surgery every day and I think this is what helped me lose at a steady pace.

Tamara

Ladytazz
on 10/28/11 10:02 am
It's only been a week since you stopped losing?  And you lost 47lb since Sept?  You are doing great.  Your body is just taking a little break.  When I was losing I had 2-3 week stalls.  Perfectly normal.  If it is too distressing there is a cure.  Just walk over to the nearest window and toss out your scale.  In this case what you don't know won't hurt you.
As long as you are doing the right things you will lose.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Annette O.
on 10/29/11 7:39 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
 What lady Taz said!!
Love the part about throwing out the scale...LOL
Annette O
DonnaCrosland
on 10/30/11 9:11 am - WA
Weekly Iose between 2-5 lbs -- but on the weeks I only lose 2 lbs Ilose the most inches.  Make sure you take a long range look - and remember your body has to catch up - that's alot of weight in a short time.

It is hard to not get attached to the scale - but the measuring tape is your friend as well.

Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics