Enough with RNY to DS stuff...I need someone who had a Revision to RNY (smaller...

ladylion2001
on 11/1/11 12:51 pm - Baltimore, MD
Please share your experiences...could really use your feedback.  Looking for anyone who has had a RNY revision that is not a totally different procedure, but a revision to the RNY. 
**Hope the subject line got your attention...just a ploy**  :-)
Virgie Tschirhart
on 11/2/11 2:48 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
I'm in your shoes too.  Maybe you can go on the RNY forum and ask for those *****vised to RNY.  There are many here who love to discourage you about the RNY and try to talk you into the DS.

It's your body and your choice.

Best Wishes
Babygirlinokc

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

ladylion2001
on 11/2/11 10:55 am - Baltimore, MD
Thank you, babygirl! You are right...it is your choice and I'm sure folks are just trying to be helpful....I was just wondering where everyone ELSE was! :-) I also posted in the RNY forum yesterday...great minds!  Have you also had revision surgery?

Virgie Tschirhart
on 11/5/11 12:41 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Hi ladylion2001,

I did have a revison already in 2009 I had a revison from Lap Band to VSG.  Now, I'm seeking another revision.  From VSG to DS or RNY.  Debating and researching both. 

My problem with the Lap Band is that it did not give me restriction or it just was not enough, I lost 17 lbs and gain it all back.  I had the band removed and VSG done at the same time.   I have struggled with emotional eating and now and I'm under the care of a therapist.  I have really bad acid reflux so I need that repaired and would like to get a revision at the same time.  My doctor only does LB, RNY and VSG.  So, I'm going to check with Dr. Daryl Stewart in Denton, Texas, who does the all WLS including the DS.  

What is good for one person may not be good for the next.  It's your decision and it's a very important one, so do your research.

Best Wishes!!! 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

ladylaulu
on 11/2/11 7:12 am
Well.. I too am right there with you.. Tomorrow 11/03/2011 I will be a having a Revison to my RNY that I originally had March 17,2004.. I am excuse my language, but scared ****less..I did however speak to another person who had a revision with my doctor and he told me that he felt better now then he did then.. He was going on month 4 and had no complications, and was down 54 pounds..I will be following up on my progress  though.. I hope this helps...
ladylion2001
on 11/2/11 10:51 am - Baltimore, MD
OMG Ladylaulu...I wish you the best tomorrow.  You will be fine...don't be scared at all.  I had my original surgery in Decembof 2004 and am schedule to have my revision in December so we are definitely in the same boat.  I'm glad to hear that I have a friend in this! LOL  Also, glad that you were able to meet someone who has had the same experience with the same doctor and that he was successful.  That is great!  I hope that we can keep in touch!  Please private message me!! 
Again, blessings blessings and more blessings tomorrow.
Holly O.
on 11/5/11 11:02 pm - FL
I had a revision almost 5 months ago.  I had a lapband for4.5 yrs. and not very successful!  Finally got the courage to vistt a different Bariatric Dr.   I have had zero problems with my RNY......no dumping and I have lost 68 lbs. and am walking 5 miles a day.  Lots of energy and am eating healthy.  I wish you all the best while you haveyour revision!!
   Holly                                      
heathercross
on 11/6/11 6:29 am, edited 11/6/11 6:29 am - New York, NY
 Look up my friend, Lisa N, http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/juviegal72/ . She would be a good one to read up on.  She had some initial complications right after the surgery but has faired really well since and looks amazing.  She is on here from time to time. She'd be able to give you the 411 and be open and honest.  I elected to go from the RNY to the LapBand as the DS was not for me and the RNY revision was too serious for me to consider.  Good Luck to you.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 2:56 am
I had a revision to my RNY and I love my results.  I was told I would not lose much weight and I didn't, but I did reach my goal within the first two weeks.  I have great restriction and I can only eat a very small portion in one seating, which I love.  Good luck with your decision.

Sherline
Hope Newby
on 11/7/11 10:29 pm
I had the revision from lapband (Feb. 2007) to RNY (Oct. 25, 2001 - two weeks ago today).  I doubt that I'll be much help right now since it's been so soon, but maybe I can be of help as I go along. There were complications. I spent 7 days in the hospital. I was deyhdrated and I gained 20 pounds from fluids they saturated my body with, which took me about 10 days to get rid of.  Now I'm seeing about a 2 pound loss from my original weight.

I hear so many people say, "I wish someone had told me ..."  My doctor has a manditory all day pre-op dietitians class. They hand out a notebook and one of the pages in the notebook lists every complication that can happen.  They go over the book with the class page by page. I read the entire book on my own 5 times.  I was was disappointed that I wasn't one who had zero complications, but I wasn't shocked and wasn't singing the blues over it.  

Right now, the main annoyances are fatigue, I poop out really quickly and usually require a nap between breakfast and lunch, and the other is the drain.  I have a little rubber bulb with a tube hanging from my stomach to drain fluids off from the surgery and the hole in my stomach where the tube comes out is kind of itchy and painful.

Most Active
Recent Topics