Need advice and help!!! (TMI!!! sorry!!!)

Melontiwst
on 11/22/11 3:16 am
Okay had my revision done last Thursday...I had the Ds done in 2008, sleeve stretched out and other issues. Dr. Inman did a revion on my sleeve last thurday. Everytime I drink something it hurts. I feel gas rising up from my stomach my liquid I swallowed and my gas fight each other in my esophogus and either i throw up or burp up whatever I swallowed. I haven't passed gas yet through my intestine, but this time they didn't touch my intestine! Anybody have any idea what is going on with this??!!!! Or Experiencced it??!!!!
ellesix
on 11/23/11 2:05 am
How much are you getting up to walk? It sounds like you have lots of gas. Have they given you anything for it?

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
MsBatt
on 11/23/11 5:54 am
Have you passed gas AT ALL since surgery? Had a BM? I know they didn't touch your guts, but still---

There's a chance your new stomach is swollen so much it's causing you pain, or you could be developing a stricture. CALL YOUR DOC!
larra
on 11/26/11 12:26 am - bay area, CA
Intestines don't like to be handled, and even though the operation this time was "only" on your sleeve, the other parts of the intestines probably had adhesions that had to be dealt with, had to be moved out of the way of your stomach, etc.
     So they, and of course your poor swollen stomach, have gone to sleep, so to speak, and will wake up with time. How much time I don't know. It varies. If the problem persists, or if it causes dehydration, you will need an IV and possibly other medical care. But your surgeon DID touch your intestines, possibly a lot, and that's why you're miserable.
     Keep on walking, it does help, and just sip gently, and call the doc if you don't feel better.

Larra
Most Active
Recent Topics