HEARTBURN....HELP!!!

Melontiwst
on 11/28/11 7:20 am
Anybody with a revision have heart burn issues??? I am a little over a week out. I was sent home with a feeding tube, which is kinda ew but tolerable. At least I am getting my protein and  liquid in. I can't swallow anything by mouth because my stomach is swollen, so nothing is going thru. Only thing I can do is take small pain pill when needed (it's really small, with a small sip of water). I tried Prevacid, but it doesn't work. I tried Tums, they don't work. I tried Zantac, but coudln't keep it down, threw it up twice. Now my throat is burning overtime, I just want some relief...anybody have any good ideas??!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
clpeltz
on 11/28/11 9:25 am
I take prilosec (omeprazole) every morning.  That has been working for me just fine.  Some people need to take them twice a day.  When are you having the most problem with heartburn?  

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 4:52 am - Bay City, MI
Be careful with prolonged use of Prilosec. It may cause female issues. I had to stop due to that.
Frankie
on 11/28/11 11:32 pm - NY
My doc prescribed carafate (I think thats how its spelled) in liquid form and it's great and solves  my problems.  I had heartburn and horrible gas pains in my chest.

See if you can get a script for that.

Good luck and feel better.

Frankie

shele
on 11/28/11 11:44 pm
Nexium works for me.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

ellesix
on 12/10/11 1:04 pm
Anyone hear from melontwist? I haven't heard from her in a bit. I just wanted to be sure she was ok!

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
Most Active
Recent Topics