Has anyone had a STENT placement so that a leak could heal??

ladylaulu
on 12/12/11 12:51 pm
I had one placed in my pouch so that a small leak could heal.. I hate it.. It scares me.. I had my surgery on the 3rd of Nov and this was placed in towards the end of Nov. and needs to stay in for 6-8 weeks.. My stomach hurts and all I drink in Ensure and vitiamin water.. Please share your experience.. This has made me severally depressed.

LadyLaulu
Revision from RNY 11/03/2011

A H.
on 12/12/11 1:03 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
I've never had one and haven't had my revision yet but I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Hang in there!
camietam
on 12/15/11 2:39 pm - Ceres , CA
I am currently in the hospital with a complication. You can read my blog. I do not have a stent, but at one point they were talking about placing a stent. I have not heard of this technique before. I really hope it works. Is there a reason why the doctor couldn't stitch or staple it?
Camie

ladylaulu
on 12/16/11 3:03 am
I am sorry to hear that you are in the hosptial.  The reason why they couldnt staple or stich it because the tissue is like cheese after surgery and it takes time for the scar tissue to form.. what kind of complication are you having

LadyLaulu

camietam
on 12/18/11 4:22 am - Ceres , CA
The band caused me to have narrowing so no food was getting through my stomach.I went back into surgery Friday night to remove scar tissue and adhesion's. It was very bad. My stomach is beat up. They put a slit on the narrowing to give it some elasticity. I have a feeding tube down my nose and the hose is to keep everything straight and in place.We do not want anything to twist. I will be in the hospital for a week. I need to be able to eat on my own without vomiting.
Camie

ladylaulu
on 12/18/11 12:15 pm
OMG!!!!.. I am so sorry to hear that.. That is horrible..  I will keep you in my prayers..  I am just hoping that I will get this stent out soon.. I hate not being able to eat.. All I have for food is Optisource or Ensure.. It horrible,, I sometimes chew on food and spit it out just so I can have taste in my mouth.

LadyLaulu

Shelley S.
on 12/17/11 9:32 am - Granite City, IL
Im sorry to hear you had to have a stent placed. I had myrevision on Nov 29 and had a leak. I had a drain in place for 3 weeks. It was just removed yesterday. I wish you a quick recovery.

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

ladylaulu
on 12/18/11 12:16 pm
 I had a drain in, but because they didnt know where the leak was I had to have a stent placed.. I too am hoping that it comes out soon...  Best of luck to you.

LadyLaulu

Most Active
Recent Topics