STRESS EATING

jenrich
on 12/14/11 5:49 am - Bridgeport, TX
Does anyone have any thoughts on this I had the bypass 3 months ago and now i find myself still stress eating I dont want to do this anymore can anyone tell me what they have done to resolve this stupid stupid issue;(
Ladytazz
on 12/14/11 6:21 pm
Did you expect that your eating issues would go away after WLS?  Have you seen a counselor?  WLS will make your stomach into a pouch so you can be satisfied with smaller amounts of food.  However, it does nothing to treat eating issues.  WLS can fail if you don't deal with whatever caused you to become morbidly obese in the first place.
Find a therapist that works with WLS patients.  You might find an OA meeting and see how you like it.  The support is great.  
In the mean time go back to basics, protein first, lot's of fluids, avoid refined carbs, keep your portions small and keep any trigger foods out of your house.  If you fill up with protein you should be satisfied and not have any room for other things.
Good luck to you.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

foogoogirl
on 12/16/11 2:52 am - PA
I had bypass ten years ago, get a handle on it now, or you will regret it later. I have gained 85 lbs, and am seeking a revision. I say see a therapist, something I was never able to do as I divorced two years into my surgery and had no insurance for 3 more years after that. I was ashamed of my weight gain and didn't seek help. I finally mustered up the courage to go and see a surgeon about options to get my life back on track. I will be scheduling to meet with a therapist as well this time.  I always hated hearing "WLS is just a tool" but, it is true.
TamaraL
on 12/17/11 7:13 am
Talk to your surgeon about seeing a psycologist that is familiar with food disorders and WLS.  We have a psychologist on board at my WLS clinic

Tamara

Most Active
Recent Topics